litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So what's everyone up to with their Lotus just now?

Phil S1

4 hours ago, KurtB said:

The Cakes. I just need to say I love your Lotus collection (S1 Exige, 340R and now 2-11), and openly admit to garage envy. Well done sir!

Thanks, really trying to get a collection together before the values escalate beyond my means. I really regret selling an S1 111S but hopefully one will turn up at some point. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, El-ahrairah said:

@phil, Was this the one on pistonheads recently which a few selocers brought into question? Something to do with a rebuild and it being strange at such low mileage. If I find the link I'll post.

https://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=445503

Yes, it is the car that had a re-build. A blocked cat/heat soke caused the issue and was fully rebuilt by Hoffmans for approx £5k. So as you can imagine with Hoffman’s excellent reputation it didn’t cause me any concern, it’s done 1000 miles since the rebuild and drives absolutely perfectly. Hoffman’s originally retailed the car and has very good history with them. The chap I bought it from had many cars and was part of his collection. It is a bloody great car and possibly the best version of a Lotus I’ve ever driven. I can’t believe somebody didn’t buy it before me because I hesitated for 2 weeks, lots of calls apparently but nobody actually bothered to turn up other than me.

8 minutes ago, jonnyfox said:

Oh wow, great purchase. I'm made up for you. B)

I'm intend to make a purchase or two this year.... :-)

Really lucky to get it, don’t think I’ve seen more than 5 for sale in the last 3 years and a couple of those were na versions. 

Got to get them before it’s too late!! What are you thinking? 

Sport 160 or N.A. 211 would be nice. Maybe an LC400. Would of liked a new NSX but Honda don't want to make ownership easy for anyone living outside of London. Tossers. Any way something a little left field like that. 

You’d think for £140k plus they’d do anything to get you into the brand. In comparison that Lexus  at half the price is very good value because I doubt it’s half the car of the NSX. 

How tempted will you be if you get another Lotus, especially a Sport 160 to take it to bits again?!? :) 

8 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

Lovely, I don't think we've ever had a 2 eleven at LitP...hope you're able to rectify that for us this year :)

Hopefully I’ll be there this year, unless the wife books a holiday on the same weekend like she has done for the last two years!!!! 

1 hour ago, jonnyfox said:

Sport 160 or N.A. 211 would be nice. Maybe an LC400. Would of liked a new NSX but Honda don't want to make ownership easy for anyone living outside of London. Tossers. Any way something a little left field like that. 

Re the Sport 160 idea....you'd better jump on the next one that comes up if it’s half decent, if my experience was anything to go by.  I had it just over 3 and a half years, sold it in October last year, for almost 70% more than I paid for it - and I bought it from a main dealer at top dollar at the time. Crazy.

Good to see Lotus values on the rise though - has to be a good thing.....I miss the 160 a little but the Exige certainly fills that gap, and some!

On 26/01/2018 at 12:26, Phil S1 said:

Lovely, I don't think we've ever had a 2 eleven at LitP...hope you're able to rectify that for us this year :)

I have a photo of  A red one at litp a few years ago was parked in the “special” reserved area.

3 hours ago, Alex B said:

I have a photo of  A red one at litp a few years ago was parked in the “special” reserved area.

My memory is obviously going in my old age! After 3 years we're long overdue another one :)

On 28 January 2018 at 21:23, jody391 said:

Mines been up on stands for awhile with the steering rack out for a re build and phosphor bronze cups.

new hand brake cable and a change of geo.

Heyup Jody! You'll need to explain the phosphor bronze cups! Hope you're well matey.

Archived