litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So what's everyone up to with their Lotus just now?

Phil S1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2018 at 17:09, Phil S1 said:

Polishing complete, there was something else that's been bugging me since I bought the Evora and that was a chip at the base of the screen on the driver's side. It's been repaired prior to me getting it and hasn't got any worse since. Whilst it doesn't warrant a new screen, it's a blemish and it bugs me!

As it's where it is I thought I'd try to mask it with a sticker but couldn't find anything suitable that would look right, in the end I found an Evora silhouette image that I liked the look of. Then, with more than a little help from my daughter Laura we resized it and printed it onto the back of the some grey sticky black plastic after which Laura carefully cut it out with a scalpel. I then carefully applied the individual pieces to the screen and voila - no chip :)

Not an easy thing to photograph but this is it before and after...

It'll be a good job when winter's over....I think I need to get out more :lol:

IMG_20180103_165443353.jpg

IMG_20180110_163110693.jpg

now that sticker is pure 'gumption tramp' gold.  100% satisfaction guaranteed.  Love it.  :groupwave:

16 hours ago, Alex B said:

One of the club stands a few friends of mine run. “#trackaddict”

How on earth did I miss you? I was there on Saturday & don't remember seeing your car.

17 minutes ago, lummo said:

How on earth did I miss you? I was there on Saturday & don't remember seeing your car.

I was there all day Saturday as well!

we had a stand in hall 9 near “Ford Maina” and mission motorsport

• 2 weeks later...

I travelled 353 miles in the Exige today, leaving home at 5:45am and arriving back at 7:45pm. The reason? A photo shoot near Guildford for the forthcoming Lotus magazine, Absolute Lotus, available 16 March....

9CE2FE54-4A77-443E-A585-75AF76211C99.jpeg

10 hours ago, KurtB said:

I travelled 353 miles in the Exige today, leaving home at 5:45am and arriving back at 7:45pm. The reason? A photo shoot near Guildford for the forthcoming Lotus magazine, Absolute Lotus, available 16 March....

9CE2FE54-4A77-443E-A585-75AF76211C99.jpeg

Based on this picture the trip was well worth it! Looks like the 340r said something rude and got sent to the naughty step to think about it.  Not sure why I didn't 'get the call'? I'm off to sack my agent. 

4 hours ago, KurtB said:

Is that one you’ve added to the fleet?! Looks lovely 😊

Thank you, picked it up just last week. Absolutely amazing car, can’t wait to get out in it. Can’t believe how quick it is! :)

Archived