litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So what's everyone up to with their Lotus just now?

Phil S1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Martin R said:

Did all my work early this year. I hope Liz does not read this. It involved a service, new Quantum one way. New Nylon bushes as bearings are not allowed in the sprinting. 1 inch ARB and a geo. Its now sitting in the garage waiting for a trackday. It may well be Snetterton depending on the weather  :)

Monday 8th Jan at Donington take your fancy Martin?

5 hours ago, El-ahrairah said:

Trying to fix the moving glass on my Elise. The guides have come away from fixed positions. Need to epoxy a bracket back into place and secure the guides with new bolts/epoxy if need be. Truly hate these jobs. 

I have sympathy for this, I had to do something similar on the S160 just before I swapped it for the Exige.

Lots of swearing and skin lost, absolute sh*tter of a job :crybaby:

14 hours ago, El-ahrairah said:

Trying to fix the moving glass on my Elise. The guides have come away from fixed positions. Need to epoxy a bracket back into place and secure the guides with new bolts/epoxy if need be. Truly hate these jobs. 

Not a job I ever had the 'pleasure' of thankfully. Good luck with it, hope it doesn't prove too painful!

21 hours ago, Martin R said:

Did all my work early this year. I hope Liz does not read this. It involved a service, new Quantum one way. New Nylon bushes as bearings are not allowed in the sprinting. 1 inch ARB and a geo. Its now sitting in the garage waiting for a trackday. It may well be Snetterton depending on the weather  :)

Sounds like there's been some creative accounting going on there B)

Good luck for 2018 Martin :tup:

Mine has been tucked away in garage, under cover and battery on a CTEK.

I need to complete the following before spring reaches us.

Replace front ARB bushes, fit wash/wiper bar mod, rear spoiler wrapped, front splitter sprayed, leather trim to center console. Then a good detail session.

if you think poorboys wheel seal is good , try planet polish wheel seal and shine , very good esp on black rims

great work on the evora too 👍

mines had new engine and gearbox oil both millers nano drive , 2bular in the new year

Made the most of the 10 days I've just had off over Xmas.  After the fixing the hard top.  I sorted a rattling passenger door with electricians tape on the door striker - Thanks to whichever wise soul recommended that instead of buying a new lock.  If only all jobs were as easy and satisfying.

Then set about fixing a knocking noise from the driver rear wheel arch.  Guessed it could be a worn ball joint so replaced both.  Will only find out if it is when I next get out but either way it was a good learning experience...

... for the planned suspension refresh which I'm slowly building towards - currently giving new hub carriers  and steering arms the three stage POR15 treatment.  

Oh and made the interior light blue to match the stack unit.

A lack of space means march will see me pay a garage to remove front camshell to do: ali radiator / towing strut / new spots / nose badge / remote thermostat kit / ep gearbox mount.

... And that will lay the ground for a visit to sabre heads at some point in the next 12 months for kr1 head with some mgtf 135 cams and janspeed small bore 421 manifold. 

Right, off for the traditional new years day curry.  Back to work tomorrow :unsure:

20171216_150510.jpg

20171217_155524.jpg

20171126_150205.jpg

20171126_160248_001.jpg

On 31/12/2017 at 10:03, John FISH Curtis said:

Mine has been tucked away in garage, under cover and battery on a CTEK.

I need to complete the following before spring reaches us.

Replace front ARB bushes, fit wash/wiper bar mod, rear spoiler wrapped, front splitter sprayed, leather trim to center console. Then a good detail session.

Why are you spraying the front splitter FISH, just a refresh or a change of colour?

I think mines in the garage. I best check ive not seen it since Gav swapped the gear cables and put some fresh gear box oil in it. Felt like a new car afterwards.

as soon as it's a nice ish day I might go for a drive. Quiet Alex...

Trying to keep mine running just a little this winter. Last winter it was off road while I re did the interior and then I missed out on many events trying to sort out a misfire it developed while sitting doing nothing. Even missed LITP ☹️

The aim is to just keep it running this year and enjoy...no "improvements" 

That's massively tempted fate! 

1 hour ago, scatty said:

I think mines in the garage. I best check ive not seen it since Gav swapped the gear cables and put some fresh gear box oil in it. Felt like a new car afterwards.

as soon as it's a nice ish day I might go for a drive. Quiet Alex...

Booked that drive in for sometime in July?

14 hours ago, Winners said:

The aim is to just keep it running this year and enjoy...no "improvements" 

That's massively tempted fate! 

Lol, really missed your car at LitP last year Mark, let's hope the 'no improvements' plan works out :)

I managed a 50 mile run out while I was in the UK- quite grateful for the fact I hit the few days when it was mild and dry! I fitted the battery isolator I posted about a while ago. Looking forward to getting back in the summer to enjoy it properly (and should make LiTP this year)!

Archived