litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So what's everyone up to with their Lotus just now?

Phil S1

Given the weather I don't suppose too many have been venturing out just recently so what have you been doing instead? Any repairs, upgrades, mods etc?

I see Mr Will has fixed his roof so congratulations on that :tup:  Leigh and Jonny both have their projects to keep them busy, what about everyone else?

For me this time of year normally involved servicing the Type 49, along with all the other mods too but now I have the Evora those days are gone - I don't see a current need for any upgrades and PJS are taking care of the servicing. So there was only one thing for it... I just had to get the polisher out :) I've only done a couple of panels on the car so far because I ended up taking the wheels off and giving them a polish...oh, and then the brake calipers too. Then the brake disc hubs looked a little corroded so I gave them a bit of a clean up and flash over with some silver wheel paint I had to hand. I am also trying some Poorboys wheel sealant for the first time as well - I applied 3 coats to the wheels after polishing, I'm expecting the brake dust to just fall off now :)

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0086a.jpg

IMG_0081a.jpg

IMG_0092a.jpg

IMG_0097.JPG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My head is currently in a box in the hallway about to be posted to a Kiwi called Roger for some work. I've also got the rear clam off to paint the uprights, mod the airbox, change the fuel filter, and put on some sheets of Technofibra. I'm also going to paint my callipers and refurb the wheels/fit new tyres. Quite a list and a bit of a wallet buster.

Nice work Phil - looking good and a great way to kill off the post Xmas buffets...

I’ve been using Poorboys Wheel Sealant for about 5 years now, and I swear by it - seems to still do its job after loads of washes :tup:

My Exige has been grounded for 3 weeks due to the snow, ice and general shyte on the roads, but it did go out for a rather nice blast on Boxing Day morning - nice dry roads, until I hit the back roads that is...

My brake calipers and ally bells could do with a proper clean, how’s your diary looking in January Phil? B)

3 hours ago, SamG40 said:

My head is currently in a box in the hallway about to be posted to a Kiwi called Roger for some work. I've also got the rear clam off to paint the uprights, mod the airbox, change the fuel filter, and put on some sheets of Technofibra. I'm also going to paint my callipers and refurb the wheels/fit new tyres. Quite a list and a bit of a wallet buster.

Sounds great Sam and much like the work I did to mine over the years, not one winter like you're doing :) What's Rog going to be doing for you?

10 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Nice work Phil - looking good and a great way to kill off the post Xmas buffets...

I’ve been using Poorboys Wheel Sealant for about 5 years now, and I swear by it - seems to still do its job after loads of washes :tup:

My Exige has been grounded for 3 weeks due to the snow, ice and general shyte on the roads, but it did go out for a rather nice blast on Boxing Day morning - nice dry roads, until I hit the back roads that is...

My brake calipers and ally bells could do with a proper clean, how’s your diary looking in January Phil? B)

Thanks Dave, I thought I'd give the Poorboys a try following you're recommendation. Conveniently I have now found a place in Derby that sells it too, along with most other detailing products :)

2 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

Sounds great Sam and much like the work I did to mine over the years, not one winter like you're doing :) What's Rog going to be doing for you?

I've got use of a mates unit for a few months so trying to get as much done as I can whilst I've got a good working space and help on tap. 

Rog is doing me a KR1. Cant wait to get it back.

8 hours ago, SamG40 said:

I've got use of a mates unit for a few months so trying to get as much done as I can whilst I've got a good working space and help on tap. 

Rog is doing me a KR1. Cant wait to get it back.

Brilliant, I reckon Rog's KR1 was the single best improvement I ever made to my S1, the engine revved so much more freely all the way to the red line - money well spent, I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the result :tup:

Did all my work early this year. I hope Liz does not read this. It involved a service, new Quantum one way. New Nylon bushes as bearings are not allowed in the sprinting. 1 inch ARB and a geo. Its now sitting in the garage waiting for a trackday. It may well be Snetterton depending on the weather  :)

8 hours ago, Martin R said:

Did all my work early this year. I hope Liz does not read this. It involved a service, new Quantum one way. New Nylon bushes as bearings are not allowed in the sprinting. 1 inch ARB and a geo. Its now sitting in the garage waiting for a trackday. It may well be Snetterton depending on the weather  :)

A little birdie told me you might be racing in 2018?

Archived