litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Might be getting back into Lotus ownership......

M@r]{

..... yeah its one of those annoying posts where you want to / have to say something as you're so excited but don't want to give too much away in case a) you jinx it and b) someone thinks awesome car and gazumps you.  Its mine, leave it alone, all mine  :D

This is a massive extravagance, not so much the car itself, there are more out there a lot more expensive, but the fact I already have enough cars, this will be in addition to them and I've already got a car that should be performing the role this would.  But this seems like just the one I'm looking for, they don't come up often and if I let it go it could be years and then I doubt it would be as good.

Well anyway, I've had a good chat with the guy, very happy with what I've heard so far, seems very genuine, passionate and the car has obviously had no expense spared on it.  Insurance is coming out a reasonable £445 a year inc 6 track days and guaranteed value.  That's with no NCB taken into account as that's used elsewhere.  

Still feel a bit sick, head says I shouldn't do this, but heart is winning the battle.  Man maths is helping.  I'll fund this partly with a low rate loan.  I've found over the years that finance helps me save  :D  Seriously (man maths remember)  If I owe car finance whenever I earn commission I pay chunks off my finance.  However, since I got rid of the Aston and cleared it all, I haven't put any money away, I've just found myself spending it on crap.  So by buying this car it will encourage me to save (in the form of equity growth in the car) but I'm swapping 1% interest (in a bank) for the use of what will be an awesome and depreciation proof Lotus.  See....justified, now where is my cheque book  :)

Haven't even been to see it yet but I know I will love it so as long as I haven't been fed rubbish, which I'm confident I haven't, the viewing will be a formality :)  

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top quality man maths in action.......now you know you can't just spill your brain out like that on a public forum without posting a link.......I'm sure nobody will gazump you -  and you know you'll get lots of endless conflicting advice :)

15 minutes ago, scatty said:

I hate these posts...:lol:

Give us a bloody clue.. There's only Rozzer after a car, so as long as he doesn't find out, mums the word...

You could definitely tempt me with yours! :)

1 hour ago, scatty said:

:lol::lol:

Mine should be be up for sale again after Xmas if the secret car falls through. 

Besides challenging Jon Seal for car trading,  are you getting Scatty?!

I can’t shake this caterham itch Kurt. So I think it will be that, have some fun and then go v6. Or just go straight to a v6. But I think I’d think what if...

As you know, life’s too short and all that not to try these things..

Anyroads, I’ve not seen any clues Mark..

Good call mate. I had a Westfield as a daily when I was 20 and even took it out at night, roof off (it was on for around 100 miles in all the months I owned it) and in very heavy snow. I adored that car, and could easily slip back into one before I get wanting warmth and comfort at our age. 

Scratch the itch (you’ll love it up to 180bhp, more isn’t good) but then break out the slippers and get something comfy and refined :-)

On 14/12/2017 at 19:07, scatty said:

I can’t shake this caterham itch Kurt. So I think it will be that, have some fun and then go v6. Or just go straight to a v6. But I think I’d think what if...

As you know, life’s too short and all that not to try these things..

Anyroads, I’ve not seen any clues Mark..

How much fun is it going to be sat in the garage?

come on Mark give us a clue!!

Ok so this isn't happening  :(

This post was started when I had arranged to go and see (and had mentally already bought) this car:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s1/lotus-elise-exige-420bhp-audi-agu-turbo-charged-and-charge-cooled/8115086 

I did go and see it and the owner was great.  However I come away with some reservations but I was working through them with the owner.  In the mean time Will Blackham let me know about a very nice Honda Supercharged Elige that was coming up for sale, it had an awesome spec and nearly 400bhp.  But then.......

F**king inland revenue to the rescue......... tax bill!  

So I'm reverting to plan a and heading back to another area of my past - RX7's.  I will get another Lotus in the not too distant future.  The Storm is away having a refresh - once that's back I'm going to have some fun in it then sell it and get another Lotus.  So if anyone is on the lookout for a 500bhp per tonne, 3 seater, atom style nut job of a car let me know  :)  

Archived