litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Back to the fold

turbo911

Hi, back in a exige after a 4 year break, previous lotus was a exige 260 RGB, ended up selling it as got bit fed up with driving around in a milk crate noisey, windows steaming up all the time, PIA to get in and out, few reliability issues, but hey can't get the brand out of my head i have owned loads of performance cars and nothing yes nothing comes close to a exige for pace on our modern roads, i have never driven anything that can cover ground as quick as my previous exige, i remember well the first visit/runout to that big Derbyshire mansion ( think Dean organised the event) where we became really good friends with a couple we met there Bruce & Andie, me and Bruce ( also in a RGB) went on to begin our racing careers where he regularly got his arse kicked by his older buddy, Anyways was looking at doing the wales run this sunday but family commitments are getting in the way and its forecast f****g rain it always rains in wales but its a beautiful area to drive through, i could always arrange a wales run later in the year and i know some breathtaking routes, would like to say hello to Dean you prob can't remember me but that was hell of a day you organised i can't even remember the name of the place we ended up but i can remember Bruce moaning/wanting to join us in the fast group at the front!!, hello all and looking forward to covering some miles..... 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back......that'll be Chatsworth House then (assuming it wasn't Dean's house....).  The MLOC annual event has been held there ever since apart from this year (Kedleston Hall).

Enjoy the Exige, and in the spirit of new cars mentioned on here, let's see some photos...!

Welcome to MLOC and back to Lotus ownership, what Exige has tempted you back again? Would be good to see a photo or two.

That big Derbyshire house would have been Chatsworth which Dean organised. The event is called Lotus in the Peak and more recently has ended up at Kedleston Hall. Dean is still very much part of the organising team and will be on here to say hi before too long I'm sure.

Lol...you took the words out of my mouth Dave

Archived