litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora clutch change 'round these parts

DanP

Just investigating the realities of Evora ownership. Has anyone had an Evora clutch changed locally, i.e. around the (east) midlands, and if so, was it as expensive as it is rumoured to be?

Ta

Dan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan,

I bought my evora about 6 months ago. My clutch went 6 weeks after purchasing a 2009 launch edition. 40k miles, full lotus main dealer history. The dealer (Christopher Neil) were good enough to replace it under their 3 month warranty. But it needed an new flywheel too and took them over 6 weeks to do - partly because it is a big job and partly parts availability. 

I did my research before purchasing and also had the gear linkage cables replaced with the 2012 cable set prior to collection. From my Internet research it seems about 10% of evora owners have had their clutch go. 

Cost of that lot to me: zero. Cost if I'd have paid for it myself?  I guess the wrong side of 5k. It was apparently a 35 hour job to replace the clutch alone. 

Drop me a pm if you want a chat. 

Max 

Nothing to do with the original question but another vote for Gav here.  Just had my service, brake fluid change, MoT, a few niggles etc done last week.  Top bloke for anything you need doing.

(not going to post how few miles I've done between MoTs.  I don't get near Dr H, but it would still be embarrassing ! )

Archived