litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

battery disconnects

kayj_prod

Hi all,

Just wondering about the merits of battery disconnects. Any pitfalls or particularly good models to look for?

It'll be nice just to lean in to the boot and just twist a knob than all the leaning in and squinting in the darkness of a garage!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Miles. I used to have a chassis mounted key type one on my horse box and that never gave any problems. I’d forgotten!

I found ones that just bolt straight onto the battery terminal post and disengage/engage with a knob. Is that what you have?

6 hours ago, kayj_prod said:

Thanks Miles. I used to have a chassis mounted key type one on my horse box and that never gave any problems. I’d forgotten!

I found ones that just bolt straight onto the battery terminal post and disengage/engage with a knob. Is that what you have?

Yep, cheap as well :)

6 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

I have one being fitted Monday as well as some other electrical stuff.  I'll update my thread next week :tup:

Interested to see that, as I’m always worried about keeping them on charge in our integral garage. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I drew this bracket up and had some made out of Aluminium and powder coated. I have 4 spare if anyone wants one   The switch is a non FIA disconnect from CBS and you can see where I'm going to fit this in my thread. The new cable is from PCS. You could go live or disconnect the earth, either/or. There is no chance of contact and you can cable tie securely anyway. I'll update my thread when I've got some other stuff sorted. 

20171221_095609

20171221_095626

20171221_100148

Archived