litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Number 4...

Daveb99

I've only gone and done it.....

After much deliberation I have sold my beloved Elise Sport 160.   Am I mad?  Probably.   Will I regret it?  Perhaps, time will tell...

Last week after two weeks of umming and arring, and two decent test drives, I finally decided to take the plunge and do a deal on an Exige S Roadster.   If truth be told, I've been looking at them for about two years - but until now I haven't been able to justify it and make it work - and I've been perfectly happy with the S160, knowing it was something I'd find hard to replace.......

Anyway I've also sold the M135i - with Joanne and I both being home-based for work it was spending too much time sitting idle on the drive.....great car that it is.   So for the first time in my life I'm buying a new car and sticking a good chunk of money in the bank at the same time!   The plan is to drive the Exige all year round, albeit probably only once a week in winter (for my commute).  It's still nice and raw, like the Elise, and a real event to drive, but is well specified with all the added convenience and safety stuff over the S1, and even heated seats and parking sensors (and no I won't be removing them to save weight...!).

Not sure yet when I'm picking it up.....sometime in the next four weeks.  The S160 is going to France, to a true Lotus enthusiast and collector, so I need to make sure I have some garage space ready first.....

Photos, I hear you say?

0AA52A43-A338-4D22-9ADA-CEE1D5688252.jpg

D52B0FB7-9B04-49D2-AA44-3BF644E484CB.jpg

2FEAA3E0-E88E-4821-A603-93EC5DEF3991.jpg

E7CB13E2-028A-430F-B776-F0F43D8FE058.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alex B said:

Looks a peach does that Dave!

I spotted you’d hit the button earlier this week on seloc.

but isn’t it missing a spoiler 😂

Hehe cheers Alex - horses for courses but I prefer the clean lines of the Roadster if I'm being honest ;-)

2 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Hehe cheers Alex - horses for courses but I prefer the clean lines of the Roadster if I'm being honest ;-)

Only teasing Dave it looks lovely.

so does this mean we might actually see the car in the next 12months.

Guaranteed mate - I'll be going from about 1200 miles a year in the S160, to about 4-5000 in the Exige, potentially...

Either that or I'll buy a really cheap daily and we'll be back to 3 cars!  :rolleyes:

OMG Dave you didn't keep the M135i long, I wish I could sell both mine and go for an Exige, but I could not use one as my company vehicle like I do with my M135i, would ruin it going up farm tracks etc to see clients. I'm not too jealous . I will look forward to seeing it and maybe going for a little drive out with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great dave. I am sure it will be as well looked after as the S160 but as you say will see a few more miles, which is what these cars thrive on. With prices going the way they are I imagine driving the S1 was becoming a bit nervy as you are driving an asset not a fun toy. Who ever has bought it has got a real peach and you can enjoy the thrill of a new car, so it's a win win in my book. 

I have just bought a 13 yr old Mini Cooper that replaced a bright red old Alfa 147 for daily drives to keep miles off the lotus and crappy winter days and I have to say it's great fun with non of the stress of worrying about car park dings and other poor road users. You can have some great fun for £1000 and if you buy right not cost you penny.

enjoy the new motor and maybe see it on a run out before winter

That really is lovely. 

Got the same colour combo on my M140 and I dare say if I'm ever in the position to upgrade my Lotus it's likely to be to a matching V6 Exige! 

Enjoy! :)

Archived