litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Member / New Elise owner

R5K

Hi,

Picked up my laser blue 111r on Wednesday last week. 

Got a few issues and a couple of questions.

The elise had been stood for more than 6 months with only the odd short run to keep the battery charged etc. It's owner has emigrated to Australia. After I drove it home, it is losing small amounts of oil from just inside the rear wheels. I can only see oil on the very end of the wishbone where the damper is bolted on. Nothing on the tray under the engine at all. There was no mark under it where it has been stored so assuming the drive home triggered it. Is it most likely the dampers leaking? All the fluid levels look ok.

It looks like a piece of heat shield has been pulled / cut out of the drivers side rear just inside the metal grill on the bumper. Is this common? Looks deliberate is there something that needs to be accessed that way?

The plastic cover on the passenger side of the dash board has lost the two clips from the top, I guess I need a replacement.

The car has lost its manual is there anywhere I can get instructions for fitting the hardtop.

What is the best engine oil for an 06 111R?

I will try and put some pictures on later.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Martin,

Here is a picture of the car when i got it home:

lotus_(1).thumb.jpg.3cb6bb843c9be13b9e667d4126519664.jpg

two pics of the heat shield:

Driver side with the missing piece

lotus_(3).thumb.jpg.bd34903826e43424f6801e73d372af97.jpg

Passanger side looks intact:

lotus_(4).thumb.jpg.e5bc33be81d7d8fa930292f9de4fa83e.jpg

Regard pax side head shield I wouldnt worry about it. Is potentially been cut to gain access to back box to Cat bolts.

a quick wheel off look at the dampers should tell you 100% if they are leaking or have leaked.

p.s: car looks lovely. Reminds me of my old 111r, was same colour and also an 06

20 hours ago, El-ahrairah said:

Spotted! Electric blue Elise S2, not 100% on the reg but I think it was AU06 EHP or something Going north on the A1M at J44 at 8:30ish.

was this you? My wife spotted it wizzing past her 

No, it wasn't me not been on the A1 yet.

41 minutes ago, Alex B said:

Regard pax side head shield I wouldnt worry about it. Is potentially been cut to gain access to back box to Cat bolts.

a quick wheel off look at the dampers should tell you 100% if they are leaking or have leaked.

p.s: car looks lovely. Reminds me of my old 111r, was same colour and also an 06

I intend to get it up on axel stands and do an oil change / have a good look around soon. 

Can you recommend which oil and filter is best to use is Mobi 1 oil the best?

Richard

Welcome to the club. I've got a lightweight outdoor cover you are welcome to borrow if required if you are ever coming 'up North' to Sheffield. I'm only in Ecclesall if you want to nip up for a cuppa.

Cheers, Andrew

On 20/09/2017 at 11:00, Mutley00 said:

Welcome to the club. I've got a lightweight outdoor cover you are welcome to borrow if required if you are ever coming 'up North' to Sheffield. I'm only in Ecclesall if you want to nip up for a cuppa.

Cheers, Andrew

Thanks Andrew, Sheffield isn't north, we are only about 10 mins away from you in Chesterfield.

Welcome.

Re axle stands. Please make sure you put them in the right places, getting it wrong can be expensive! If you already know about this - apologies, but it's always worth mentioning, just in case.

lotuseliseliftpointdiagram.jpg

Archived