litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

AC compressor

Alex B

So after having sent the Supercharger off for a refurb after LITP the car is once again back together however. The suspect noise is still there. 

So after a trip to everybodies favourite lotus mechanic down at Unit 4 in Burton.

The noise but has been identified as the clutch plate on the AC compressor.

My question is does anyone know if the clutch on the AC compressors can be changed?

or 

Will it have to be a new AC unit?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the Deroure Ltd diagram it shows a clutch/pulley assembly that can be replaced, Part No. A120E6492S. Unfortunately its a factory order part and comes at £620.60. Maybe someone will know which car its sourced from because its likely that the part will be much cheaper from the original supplier than Lotus.

Alex,  I have got a compressor off my Exige which leaked.  Some of my trainee engineers have been taking it apart but the clutch should be untouched.  You can have it, if that helps.   I could pick it up from late this week or next week.

keith

7 hours ago, winthattt said:

Alex,  I have got a compressor off my Exige which leaked.  Some of my trainee engineers have been taking it apart but the clutch should be untouched.  You can have it, if that helps.   I could pick it up from late this week or next week.

keith

That would be brilliant Keith!

Let me know when it's ok to come over and collect it.

Swapping the clutches has Gav's name all over it.

AC as in air conditioning ??? - ditch it all and save the weight. mine failed last year and i thought about replacing the bits, but over £700 for the parts plus fitting, plus the fact i haven't used it since 2012 made up my mind and gav removed the broken bits and saved me a few kilos. all can be re-installed by new owner if i ever sell it.

However Keiths kind offer seems too good to miss so maybe i should be quiet......

Archived