litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Expensive MOT ;-) S1 Elise trade in

kayj_prod

Now my Elise is in storage in Norfolk while I'm away working, I had to find a new garage to trust for her MOT. 'Unfortunately', this meant squeezing in a trip to Stratton Motor Company. Some very complimentary comments about my Elise and a query about whether I had considered selling, end result I am now the owner of an Exige 190! Surely the most expensive MOT ever? My Elise has 65000 miles on now, so this seemed like a great opportunity to move on to something younger.

I'm very pleased that in 8 and a half years, I got a healthy chunk more for trade in than I paid for her with Paul Matty. This was a real convincer when it came to discussions with SWMBO. 

I know it's going to take some getting used to having a hard top -I'm afraid I fully intend taking the roof off from time to time so am preparing a thick skin for the flaming- and also the different power delivery to my K series. It seems to me that I need to learn to enjoy the higher revs more to get the most out of it.

Sadly I have to wait until Thursday to pick 'Lexi' up as she is being fettled. I'm only going to get at best a few days of driving in before I head back to the UAE, so she will seem brand new to me whenever I get back again.

12204067_10207581694562038_954888490_o.jpg

IMG_9966.JPG

IMG_9967.JPG

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 great looking cars there Keith, congratulations on your new purchase, it looks stunning....

And I love the photo of Elsie...another calendar opportunity there I reckon, whoever buys that from Stratton's will be getting something special that's for sure!

Thanks all. I got the phone call last night to say I can collect this afternoon, a day earlier than expected! Currently thinking about where I'm going to go on my first drive, and then I have all day tomorrow to play too. Excited!

Where can I put my MLOC sticker on an Exige?

Thanks for the comment about the photo of Elsie, Phil. I have a few ready for my calendar entry this year. 

Keith 
fantastic looking Car in red I am sure you will enjoy her ( and I am so pleased our near miss did not happen at the 2016 LITP ) 

congratulations 
regards
colin 

Near miss? Do tell...... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Taken me a while to find the time to get back on here! Thanks for the congrats all! I managed to get 250 miles on her before she had to go back into storage! Not really enough time to get used to her of course, but finally I understand what everyone has been on about with the cam change. The extra hit is quite addictive, but I can't help thinking it would be more useful it came in a little lower down?

If you hear of anyone wanting an indoor cover for an S1, I've listed it over in the classified section.

Gingerbloke, I hear you. Being able to go roof off was the one thing making me pause, but I'm just going to put up with the hate and take the hard top off when I can. 

Dave, if I recall correctly, Colin and I had a braking related near miss at LiTP 2016... Colin?

Archived