litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Garage recommendation in Stoke on Trent

Chris Roberts

Hi, I've just joined th club. I have an Elise 111R (54) and I have a couple of small issues with my lotus that I'm looking to sort.

For example:
Rattling behind the seats (its driving me crazy). I think it will involve taking the seats and panels off so maybe a bigger job than I realise.
I want the badges replacing but again I'm not sure where to get quality replacements and I'm guessing it's not as simple as it looks to put on the car. There's a couple of other small issues which need sorting too.
If you know of an individual or garage in Stoke on Trent or Staffordshire that you would trust with your pride and joy then I'd be grateful to get any recommendations?
Kind regards, Chris

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, nickashton said:

I travel from Congleton to Gav at unit 4 in Burton. Definitely recommend him

I travel to see GAV at Unit 4 !! Burton 

very knowlegable on all things lotus and reasonable pricing !! 

Give Gav a call he is an expert when it comes to fixing Rattles 

Badges on a 111r are a piece of cake. Start by using dental floss to cut away the sticky gunk from underneath them, then use methylated spirit to get rid of the remaining gunk, when you've freed the actual badge. Buy new badges from a reputable supplier(eliseparts or the like)and put them back on the car.

Taking the seats out is also very straight forward and simple if you have the right tools rear panel is simple with seats out loads in the archives on here. Nothing wrong with the suggested garages above but you will save yourself quids just by doing a little research....just keep in mind that a rattle in an Elise travels.....it can sound like it's coming from behind the seats but can in fact be coming from anywhere but......just a quick edit, if you mean the 111r decals on the front clam these are available very cheaply from fellow members.

Morning Chris and welcome to MLOC. I am based in Endon if your are that direction and would be happy to help you one evening to do the seats out or lend you the long angled Allen key which makes it easy. Badges as mentioned are honestly straight forward.

rattles are another issue, fix one and you will hear another proberbly but behind seats/ rear window is a decent start point. It's a cgallange but satisfying when you find/fix one

for mechanicals I would reccomend Gav at unit 4. In button Slight confusion that his business is called unit 4 and the newer PJS who are also getting good review are also based in burton and have a similar address. You won't go wrong with either.

rich

I'm bucknall way and as with rich would be happy to whip the seats out for you and see if I can stop the bulkhead rattle. A few strategically placed pieces of the fluffy side of stick on Velcro can often work wonders on that bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/08/2017 at 09:26, Chris Roberts said:

Hi, I've just joined th club. I have an Elise 111R (54) and I have a couple of small issues with my lotus that I'm looking to sort.

For example:
Rattling behind the seats (its driving me crazy). I think it will involve taking the seats and panels off so maybe a bigger job than I realise.
I want the badges replacing but again I'm not sure where to get quality replacements and I'm guessing it's not as simple as it looks to put on the car. There's a couple of other small issues which need sorting too.
If you know of an individual or garage in Stoke on Trent or Staffordshire that you would trust with your pride and joy then I'd be grateful to get any recommendations?
Kind regards, Chris

Thanks for all the responses! Genuinely surprised by the willingness to help out a fellow lotus owner 👍!!

New to the club so any events in the midlands or any you wouldn't miss let me know. Always good to put a face to a name. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived