litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Repairs in Derby

HABC

Some womann ran into my car yesterday, did not cause much damage, however I do want to get it sorted quickly.

Does anyone know where in Derby I can take it for an estimate and that will do a good job.

Dave

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a Lotus you could try Gavin at Unit 4 in Burton-on-Trent. He's got good reviews for servicing etc.on the forum. I've used him before but not for damage - he may have a recommendation at least.

If it needs a Lotus expert you cannot do better than Gavin at Unit 4, as above.  If it's just paint work and filling, Complete Car Cosmetics in Ascot Drive did a great job on my S2 Exige. Mention the guy with the black Exige gave the recommendation.

One of the other local(ish) shops did the sills on the car (twice) and the paint chipped off in 20 miles.  CCC put the sills right and resprayed the front clam and splitter for less than the original estimate as I had done some of the prep.

I have fully warned them on the perils of jacking up a Lotus, so they did mine with no lifting.

Keith.

Gav did the bodywork on mine with a full body off respray about 3 (4?) years ago and happy to recommend him. He didn't do the spraying, but has a good contact.

Also agree with CCC, who did the front of our Jag when someone shunted the front end across, damaging various stuff underneath as well.

Chartwells on pride park are the high end place in Derby city centre.  They are the ferrari and Aston approved body shop. A few of our company exec type cars have gone through there when insurance claims.  Always come back as good as new.

On 16/07/2017 at 09:10, timbo said:

Unit 4 uses Edmonds Auto Refinishing near Swadlincote for a lot of the work that goes there.

I had my Exige S2 sprayed via Edmonds and would fully recommend them.

Archived