litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 not getting used

varnum

Hi all

Its been a while since I was on this site and I need some advice.

My S1 111s has not been used for a couple of years due to some ongoing family health issues and is unlikely to get used this year. The car is SORN'ed and the MoT is out but I'm still paying insurance as there is barely any difference between laid up and full comp insurance.

Although based on a 111s the car has a hi spec QED engine with loads of catalogue parts, including full carbon airbox and trumpet injectors, bespoke loom, uprated camshafts, rods & pistons, lightweight flywheel, lightened and balanced crank, DTA ECU etc and made 208bhp on Northampton Motorsport dyne in 2015. It has a full roll cage and lotus sport seats, Nitrons, Victory wheels and both QED slipper and Larini club sport exhaust.

My problem is that at the last MoT in 2015 I was told the the DTA ECU was going to need changing to allow the car to pass emissions requirements going forwards and I still don't really have time to dedicate to getting the car sorted myself.

I am looking for thoughts on my options, 

Advertise as is - what might it be worth?

Keep it until I have more time - worried about it deteriorating and feel it should be used as intended.

Find a company to collect it and fit a new ECU, MoT and sort out the 2 years of non use - but who might take this on?

Any other options - all thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Tim

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived