litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

HPE Automotive is closing its workshop...

danwebster

...and moving into a much larger one this weekend!

I'd just like to thank everyone for the business so far, my modest expectations for where it would go when I started were quickly blown out of the water, the level of faith you've all had in me has been mind blowing, so thanks again and long may it continue!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Daveb99 said:

Great news Dan - good to hear things are going well.

So, I presume you'll have room for a receptionist, lounge area with occasional tables, glossy magazines and the like ;)

Naturally! :D 

On 6/23/2017 at 22:06, Stumason10 said:

Nice one Dan!! Congratulations! 

Great work on the bucket, now has 165 BHP and does 32 MPG....!

It wasn't hard to improve on whoever mapped it before! Stevie wonder presumably :D

Why isn't anything straight forward!?

Last week we had some very hard working chaps in to grind the top off the existing, very poorly finished concrete floor and apply an eye wateringly expensive epoxy resin floor covering. It took 4 days from start to finish and by friday it was ready for me to move in so I started to move my kit across. 

Only upon closer inspection the finish was actually shite, so I called the rep back in, who in turn called the workers back in, so at midnight on friday I was at work letting the guys in so they could grind the top off and try again. 

By Sunday it was hard enough to get in and inspect it, its still not right but its as good as its going to get and we can't hang around doing no work for much longer so the move is back on!

D16C0EB0-3C22-437B-9554-164B30947C79_zps

Blockwork is going up in the morning, i've got two build rooms to go up, plus a toilet and a kitchen. I'm hoping to have all of it done by the end of the week....but we'll see!

I've got more stuff than I thought as well....

Archived