litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2bular or Larini

Burge

Hi everyone,

having just come back from a Le Mans road trip I'm considering upgrading my elise from a standard exhaust to give a little more enjoyment of the tunnels. I'm hearing Larini sound awesome but 2bular are the better build quality and the right one for a 2006 S.

anyone got experience or advice on this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Burge,

I have an 8" 2bular on my 2012 supercharged Elise. Sounds great and quality is good. I'm sure on the 2006 version Jim from 2bular will be able to advise what's best for your needs - track friendly or more antisocial Sunday blast. He's very friendly on the phone. Others will attest that his delivery timings can be sketchy. Constant phone calls worked well for me and I got mine in just over a month :)

My advice would be to not go for the loudest exhaust possible, as although fun on short journeys, on any longer journeys it can get tiresome. 

I haven't heard a Larini system in the flesh,just YouTube videos when I was doing my research. So can't advise what they're like.

If you're coming to LitP you can have a listen to mine if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 8"2Bular on my 2012 1.6 and it sounds great, I wouldn't want it any louder however! I had it installed 2 weeks ago and haven't stopped smiling since! 👍🏻 Only took Jim 10 days to get the exhaust to me, which seems as though I was pretty lucky when you read some of the threads. 

Archived