litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Paint Correction & Armourfend

Justin C

I bought a red Exige S (2009) a year ago and I did notice it had Armourfend (or simular) on the sills but not on front end. It was emaculate (only 19K) but I have only put 4K on it and the front end is now peppered with tiny chips and scratches. I guess I will have to touch up the chips myself as I don't want a respray but would like to get the paint corrected as it has swirls and get it as good as i can then i will get armourfend applied. Does anybody know anyone reliable in the Ravenshead (near mansfield/nottingham) who can do correction & armourfend application area. Also anybody know best way of tackling the stone chips or if there is a proffesional guy out there that can do chips without respray? I reckon now the dealer I bought it off probably removed the armourfend to make it look top notch. I really wish I had it done straight off.

Lotus Paint is crap.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same s2 as you before, if you want to apply a plastic protection, repaint, I have done myself a paint correction, but they never sitcks, if you use a polish machine on it, the paint won't stick. I have tried again on my current s3, but again, when I took the polish machine last time, all the correction were wasted ... so respray and then armourfend ... 

Had full protective film fitted to mine last year, the car was 8 years old and had been mechanically polished by the dealer before I bought it. No problem with the film sticking, I went for ventureshield.

Luckily only had a few stone chips prior, touched them all in and flatted back myself, once the film is on you really can't see them at all.

19 hours ago, chumaxa said:

I had the same s2 as you before, if you want to apply a plastic protection, repaint, I have done myself a paint correction, but they never sitcks, if you use a polish machine on it, the paint won't stick. I have tried again on my current s3, but again, when I took the polish machine last time, all the correction were wasted ... so respray and then armourfend ... 

I have read others have had trouble with film not sticking but it might be due to a residue of wax or polish still left on the paintwork.

^ this, all a mechanical polish does it take a fine layer of lacquer off, it will be residue off the polishing process that stops the film sticking, if cleaned and prepped properly it will be fine, paintwork on the clam on mine was like glass before the film was applied. 

Archived