litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora 400

benny1235

Well, not been here for a while I did the worst thing ever and sold my evora for a maserati. No way looking at buying a Lotus 400. Just missed it too much, what are people's thoughts? Should I stop questioning myself about buying it or just go for it? It's that it a vantage convertible?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Benny1235,

Take a quick look at this recent MLOC thread for opinions on Evoras in general (including my own!).

Evora NA vs S

Unfortunately, I really don't rate the 400 at all, having driven one for a day, and needing back surgery afterwards (ahem, slight exaggeration).  But those Sparcos really are hopeless, and I can't think of any reasonable justification for ditching those ergonomically perfect Recaros.  Saves weight I hear you shout!  I say you'll never notice the difference, except when it comes to booking your next chiropractor appointment (for Sparco spine correction therapy).

So, the vital man-machine interface (seats) - ruined.

Then there's the gearshift action - every Evora 400 comes with a free weight lifting course to build up your biceps - ruined.

Then there's the noise - christ, why is it so loud? - ruined.

Then there's the dashboard - from pure and simple, to lego land - ruined.

Then there's the styling - that front end (what front end, it only has holes), and that back end (erm, Volvo 40 anyone) - ruined.

I think its fair to say that Lotus have ruined the Evora!  Such a shame because I love my N/A Sports Racer and will never, ever part with it (not even if you offered me a huge bag of gold..... ooooh, well I might stop and think about it for a while - ha).

I would say GO FOR IT.

I sold my Evora NA a few months ago and got myself an Evora 400 and its AMAZING.

For me its everything the Evora should have been originally, but only you can decide by testing one.

I made a little video montage a few weeks ago, might wet your appetite :D

Well 2 differing responses, I owned the single aspirated evora and loved it, part of my issue is buying what I had before as I usually buy something different (I know it's not the same car in many ways but you know what I mean). 

The alternative is aston Martin vantage convertible (drove it and was only noisy after 4000 revs and was a bit too normal for me lol). 

Or the Audi R8 sypder but not driven one yet nor have I driven the new evora 400. I know it sound so like I am fussy but want to be certain as it is a lot of dosh :)

Drove the 400 a definate improvement on the none aspirated but not sure it's worth the additional price tag, still got to drive the r8. Sat in one felt good but my thought is. Is it just an Audi? The aston Martin I think is out until I'm 50 plus lol.

Archived