litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Your best MLOC memory so far

Laura

Driving around the alps with mates I met on here and summer evening track days at donington are probably top of my list.  Seem to remember taking your for a drive round donington early in your lotus ownership Laura.  

My favourite was when Steve J was telling me I didn't need to upgrade the brakes on my exige.  He took me for a few laps in his exige, bottom of craners into old hairpin he said "look how late I can brake", 2 seconds later we were in the gravel trap!!  I did buy the 4pot upgrade after that and glad I did!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chris_h said:

My favourite was when Steve J was telling me I didn't need to upgrade the brakes on my exige.  He took me for a few laps in his exige, bottom of craners into old hairpin he said "look how late I can brake", 2 seconds later we were in the gravel trap!!  I did buy the 4pot upgrade after that and glad I did!

Haha I remember that trackday! That was also the day I found out that if you over fill the coolant reservoir and take it on track the results are not pretty!

At 2015 LITP when Mike (Simon's Dad) was directing the parking and asked The Duchess of Devonshire if she was with the caterers. When she subtly pointed out she needed to drive through a gate marked private, Mike just about got away with a 'Sorry your Grace I didn't recognise you'! 

3 hours ago, Mutley00 said:

At 2015 LITP when Mike (Simon's Dad) was directing the parking and asked The Duchess of Devonshire if she was with the caterers. When she subtly pointed out she needed to drive through a gate marked private, Mike just about got away with a 'Sorry your Grace I didn't recognise you'! 

I was a witness to this also!   Very funny it was too, although he saved it with consumate skill and panache!

I am really enjoying reading this thread (what a great idea!). It is bringing back lots of terrific memories, it's hard to pick a number one.

For me I'd have to say the Lotus Factory tour 5 years ago organised by Chris, I was a newbie who knew nobody, I was made to feel very welcome by the MLOC masses, the drive down was epic and a great day was had by all. Fish was an absolute diamond.

Or, having said that, Dean and Marie having organised the first LitP on the day of my 40th Birthday, it made my 40th a very memorable occasion even down to Scatty putting a 40th birthday banner across my windscreen.

And, finally, I wasn't witness to it at the time but as pointed out by Mutley and Dean, my dad accosting the Duchess assuming she was a caterer, class.

Overall though, the LitP events having taken place since, absolutely cracking, the occasional Sunday morning breakfasts at Hassop Station and of course the Fish meets, most of all the beautiful MLOC members!

Ahh the Lakes meets... but really every meet has been great. It's great to be a part of such an active and friendly club. Really going to miss being at LiTP this year. (I wonder if anyone in my group last year realised I went wrong at one point?)

Loads of brilliant memories.

tbh I like the fact we can just rock up at Donington, a meet, well anywhere and all have a common interest. Loads of banter and everyone, young and old, just get on fabulously....

the old school Sunday blats are probably a firm favourite followed by breakfast. I still remember my very first one. I've not been able to get rid of Laura since.... :lol:

23 hours ago, scatty said:

the old school Sunday blats are probably a firm favourite followed by breakfast. I still remember my very first one. I've not been able to get rid of Laura since.... :lol:

Funny, thats exactly what G says 😂

Apart from everything that's already been said, I think our house-warming was quite a (non-official) MLOC event.  How many Lotii can you see ?  I think a couple more arrived after this lot.

DSC_2955.thumb.JPG.f6fb031bf9c647a5dd43226c2f16ac6a.JPG

DSC_2959.thumb.JPG.dc4e482bbcb043b65cd11d01cb2b80e8.JPG

The back garden became a bit of a campsite and fortunately we also still had the previous house (2 doors away) when we ran out of floor space.  I won't mention who "painted" the toilet in that house...

Archived