litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

10 years on

Laura

1 hour ago, russelld said:

I must say the last 10 years have been kinder to you Laura than they have to G :)

Sorry Buddy :wink:

Ouch :lol: I was hoping that men get better with age - like fine wine! (I may just be turning 40 this year!!)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Martin R said:

Edit, just remembered the driving lesson i gave Miles on the same trip LOL

Martin, I remmber that, you taught me everything I know ;):)

2 hours ago, russelld said:

I must say the last 10 years have been kinder to you Laura than they have to G :)

Sorry Buddy :wink:

Just informed G of this, and here was me thinking I was keeping him young ;-) 

1 hour ago, Jonathan E said:

Nice write up Laura, I remember a fish&chip shop run to Aberdovey quite a few years ago which was great fun. This got me thinking, Did G's family have a business in Shrewsbury about 10 years ago......my memory isn't what it was so I've probably got that bit wrong.

lol@ Dr H, Madeline McCann....it's not bloody Seloc Leigh :)))

Those fish and chips are worth going to Wales for!

No family business but he was originally from Shrewsbury until I bought him over to Leicester.

The McCann thing chuckled me too, def wrong forum for that! 

Congrats Laura. :clap:

Funny thing is, it's 10 years this month since I bought The Bug! How times flies, althought the last 3 yrs without a Lotus have dragged in motoring terms somewhat!

I remember for my first pax ride with you I put the harness and seatbelt on, I had heard about your driving ;-) Got me hooked though, absolutely loved it!

Miles was wearing his springbok rugby shirt...

wow laura, can't believe its 10 yrs for you and nearly 12 for me (having checked my profile).

Time sure does fly. I bought my fab racing green elise when my son was 2 as an obvious baby transporting machine, my wife was delighted !!

and still love the moment the garage door rolls up to reveal the bright blue rump of the exige. 

Lotus really does get under your skin, but the MLOC experience has been an integral part of ownership that i didn't expect to enjoy as much as I have.

Some great folks have come and gone (scott, jon s, malbon,) and other are still here but more lurkers due to change of life (Steve J, Mark, Me) and others have taken the group on to new highs (dean, scatty, alex b,) and you and G have been fab to watch grow into a family...richly deserved for such great people.

heres to the next 10 years

richbk

On 10/05/2017 at 20:52, richbk said:

wow laura, can't believe its 10 yrs for you and nearly 12 for me (having checked my profile).

Time sure does fly. I bought my fab racing green elise when my son was 2 as an obvious baby transporting machine, my wife was delighted !!

and still love the moment the garage door rolls up to reveal the bright blue rump of the exige. 

Lotus really does get under your skin, but the MLOC experience has been an integral part of ownership that i didn't expect to enjoy as much as I have.

Some great folks have come and gone (scott, jon s, malbon,) and other are still here but more lurkers due to change of life (Steve J, Mark, Me) and others have taken the group on to new highs (dean, scatty, alex b,) and you and G have been fab to watch grow into a family...richly deserved for such great people.

heres to the next 10 years

richbk

Great comments Rich!

Your Elise purchase sounds as justified as our Evora when Joseph was born as the 'family car' 🙈 

Archived