litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

10 years on

Laura

So this month marks my 10 year anniversary of Lotus ownership and almost 10 years of MLOC membership and what a decade it has been!

I started off in 2007 with my Aspen White Elise S which I adored (and still miss). Remember the excitement of going to see it being built at Hethel, at the time mine was the only white car on the production line and was surrounded by Chrome Orange Exiges.

The arrival of the car led me to MLOC a short while later and since then because of it I have made the most wonderful friends, met my husband, had a baby, had between us 2 Elises, an Evora and our Exige and I am on my 4th user name! I have also gone from being someone with a driving phobia 10 years ago to now having the experience of driving some of the best UK tracks as well as Le Mans and Spa, pretty amazing stuff. 

Bring on the next 10 years!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 years!! No way!

I've just looked back and I bought my first S1 in 2006 so that's 11 for me :)

I till remember the first time I met you properly, I gave you a passenger ride around Donington and the harness straps wouldn't actually go tight enough to hold you in :lol:

Then there was Le Mans, the one time I actually managed to make it accross the channel for a trackday followed by 2 Spa attempts - you ordered a steak and it came out as completely uncooked mince :lol:

And then there was G's stag do - but that remains a secret! ;)

1 hour ago, MilesH said:

10 years!! No way!

I've just looked back and I bought my first S1 in 2006 so that's 11 for me :)

I till remember the first time I met you properly, I gave you a passenger ride around Donington and the harness straps wouldn't actually go tight enough to hold you in :lol:

Then there was Le Mans, the one time I actually managed to make it accross the channel for a trackday followed by 2 Spa attempts - you ordered a steak and it came out as completely uncooked mince :lol:

And then there was G's stag do - but that remains a secret! ;)

That meal in LeMans still haunts me, think Ive had salad everytime we have been to France since!!

I remember for my first pax ride with you I put the harness and seatbelt on, I had heard about your driving ;-) Got me hooked though, absolutely loved it!

So many great memories, meets, runs, trackdays, supercar sunday etc. 

And all these years on I still have to say 'wow' when I open the garage and see the Exige sat there. Don't get out in it much since Joseph arrived but enjoy it when we do. 

Bloody kids. I seem to remember you saying you had ordered spag bol? Liz said strange there is no spag bol on the menu. Liz was right as well. Heres to the next 10   :)

Edit, just remembered the driving lesson i gave Miles on the same trip LOL

2 hours ago, Alex B said:

10years wow!

Id not even been driving  6months in may 2007.

i was still at college!

Now I feel old lol 

Great story Laura. We haven't met but it sounds like you are now firmly tied to Lotus for the rest of your life - bit like the rest of us!

I've just worked out it was over 17 years ago when I first had an S1 - a lovely standard titanium vintage. I'm now on my third, and like you have had some brilliant fun and experiences in all of them :)

Congrats Laura

Just coming up to 11 years for me since i joined the world of Lotus. Never owned one before and went straight in with a 340R!

Oh, and when I saw the thread title I though it was going to be something about Madeline McCann!

Nice write up Laura, I remember a fish&chip shop run to Aberdovey quite a few years ago which was great fun. This got me thinking, Did G's family have a business in Shrewsbury about 10 years ago......my memory isn't what it was so I've probably got that bit wrong.

lol@ Dr H, Madeline McCann....it's not bloody Seloc Leigh :)))

Archived