litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Will an evora fit in my garage?

maxj0

I spent yesterday across at Christopher Neils in Northwich test driving the 59 plate Evora which they have up for sale.

I was mighty impressed. It was much faster than I expected and so composed on the bends. Great brakes too. I really enjoyed it. I could see it being a great all round car to own.

But I've a nagging doubt holding me back from buying it. Having measured it, My garage will fit the car in nicely but I'm not sure I'll be able to open the doors and get out. Wall to wall the width of my garage is 2450mm.

Can any evora owners out there let me know how much garage width I need?

(and yes I know I could push the car in and out but that's not really ideal)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too  started looking into this when my exige sold but by the time the car was in it was mighty tight on the doors as insulated and boarded all the walls when I had the rad put in :lol:

Don't get me wrong it would go in but I didn't want to have a fight with the walls with my door every time I wanted to go out in it. I marked out the evora dimensions on the floor in tape to give myself an idea.

The inside was a v6,  the outer an evora.

BlurImage_3-4-2017-9-17-48.jpg

The doors sit in a little compared to the rear wheel arch width so you can get out of a tighter space than you'd expect.

Where in Nottingham are you?  I could potentially meet up and try mine for you.

With a massive thanks to Chris, who popped over this evening, I can say that it fits!

I shouldn't be this excited I'm sure but I can see an evora coming to a garage near me very very soon!

That's good to hear, ideally you want to be able to fully open the door but that's rarely possible in reality, especially in garages, so I find sliding the seat fully back a big help.

Good luck with your search for an Evora, they're great cars :-)

So I have to admit that I've just put down my deposit on a 2009 evora at Christopher Neils. lotus-evora-v6-4-S2831872-1.jpg

Hoping I can get used to a paprika interior.

I was never sure about them and then I drove G's old Evora and it all made a lot of sense, great car with a real Lotus chassis feel but with more of a touring feel to the interior and looks. I always thought it would be the S that would be needed, but G's was a non S and had plenty enough power!

Enjoy Max and if you ever go for a ride out to the Cotswolds drop in and show her off! :)

Welcome to Evora ownership - you'll love it, I'm sure.  One of those extraordinary cars that can not only mop up huge distances with ease, but also instantly transform into a fantastically capable sports car, whenever you want!

BTW I have a Venon Red interior and, whilst not quite as bright as Paprika, it does work really well with dark paintwork :).

DSC04116.JPG

So, the new arrival is safely tucked up in the garage with probably a couple of inches to spare. What was I worried about?

Anyway, Christopher Neils replaced all the gear cables whilst preparing it too so it's all good. Happy days :-)cf468b4e5959802dd9957b824126d561.jpg

Archived