litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Strange Key Problem

jako999

This is very strange and I have no idea????

I opened the car as normal with the fob and drove to work today but then the lock button on the fob would not work the immobilizer light lit after a short time as normal which the open button reset as normal but still no lock button. I thought it may be the actual button so when I got home I got the spare key out and this is the really strange bit its working in the exact the opposite way it will lock of this fob but wont unlock, so now I have to use both keys one will only lock it and the other will only unlock it. I've changed the battery just in case but as I expected there's no difference, I don't think its the keys.

Has anyone ever seen this and whats the repair?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only lock problem I ever had with our car was that it wouldn't lock, I changed the central locking module and that cured it. However your problem seems a bit stranger...... Although if you can try someone elses CLM it might help.

Archived