litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Caterham Hpc

The Cakes

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's it replacing? As much as I own a Caterham I generally know jack about them apart from it puts a fricking moosive smile on my Chevy Chase.

I also don't think you'll loose much of anything on a sound car either as is the way.

It's not replacing anything :)) I've just always fancied a Vauxhall powered Caterham since when they were new in the early 90's. They also look a pretty good bet to hold value, so if I don't get on with it I could always get out of it with minimum financial loss.

Which model would you reccomend? This one is around the money I'm willing to part with!

My mate just bought a nice roadsport with a 1.6 k in it for about thirteen grand I think.

The K really suits a Caterham because it's light and has plenty of character. The old Vauxhall engine is a pretty good old school lump but it's an iron block and that would put me off. Each to their own though.

I had an XFlow Supersprint and when I sold it was looking for a 2.0 Vauxhall myself. But as said above I was steered towards the K series, I tried a couple and even the 1.4 (sport) was a blast especially with the 6 speed.. my preference now would be a 1.8 K, but of course if the price is right, you'll be more than happy with the HPC, that's a decent amount of power to play with :-) 

Thanks for all the info. He hasn't accepted my offer to what I think it's worth and it's still for sale so maybe he'll come back to me at some point. There will always be another but I think I need to drive a few more to decide which model is right for me.

Archived