litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Introductions / S1 Exige Wanted

111EXG

You will be really lucky to find one and I doubt anything will be available at your original suggested price.  I'm afraid they have now started going to investors.  Nice S1 Elises have started to go nuts as well these days.  If I had the space I would have one tucked up in my garage.  An S1 Elise is really a lovely little thing - don't ignore them, with your budget you could get a 111s and haver money to spare.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately in the past 9 months the prices have gone ballistic......  

This is great justification for the wife on your rebuild though Jonny. 

I was offered one this week at 46k....  I know for a fact the car in question sold 15 months ago for 27/8k....  Not a bad ownership experience.  

As above I do think cars like the s160 are the sensible choice now. The 240r s2 exige on ph at the moment is also a really nice car.  But you'd have to keep the mileage down on it. 

I was reading on SELOC just the other day that the recently advertised black Elise S1 Sport 160 actually fetched the asking price of £29k.

Things have indeed gotten silly - I guess it's simply supply & demand in action - and owners of such cars at now more likely to hang on to them - thus reducing availability further and pushing up prices!

As some of you will know I've considered selling the S160 a couple of times in the last year or two - but I reckon I'd be daft to do that now - not sure what I'd replace it with...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll tell you what matey, I'm utterly relieved I didn't sell it! The miles are going up, but so are the smiles. I'm really happy with it, and its getting given the beans nearly every weekend and the odd trip to work in the week. I'm not bothered about the naysayers or the value, it's a machine to be driven and enjoyed, and I'm enjoying it as Lotus intended.

I sold my 340R for £34k (including spares) just over 12 months ago. It was the going rate at the time, one sold a few months before for a few grand less.

Seems I would now have to pay £70-80k to buy it back.

How could I have got the timing so wrong................:crybaby:

32 minutes ago, Dr H said:

I sold my 340R for £34k (including spares) just over 12 months ago. It was the going rate at the time, one sold a few months before for a few grand less.

Seems I would now have to pay £70-80k to buy it back.

How could I have got the timing so wrong................:crybaby:

I think we all knew they had to go up at some point but to this level nobody could have predicted! I think they'll go even more over the next couple of years and that's both Exige and 340R. Sorry I'm not helping Leigh! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived