litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Exige Is For Sale.

John FISH Curtis

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine sold within 6 hours of putting up an Ad. Maybe should of held out for more money but the car was wanting a set of tyres and C service.

Would love to get an Evora but looks like a Cayman is on the cards now.

• 3 weeks later...

If I was being totally honest I found the whole experience stressful and expensive. Couldn't leave the car anywhere, could only drive it when it was good weather etc etc.

I had a fiesta for 5 weeks while my first Elise was being fixed and even then it still had problems. The radiator randomly packed up so I had to spend another £16k upgrading to a new car. And yes this was a Toyota engined car.

The second was better it was fun at time but again couldn't leave it anywhere. It was a supercharged model and it was fast in fact extremely fast but it go to much attention and very idiot in a corsa tried to race me.

I feel privledge to have owned a couple of lotus but don't particularly miss them or the stress involved.

I haven't even mention bit falling off them and Breslin for no reason.

Yea, but you loved it, though. Right? Still loving my Esprit, and that has fewer of the benefits of other cars such as actually working most of the time!

I always let the Corsa drivers in front of me. Very politely. Really pisses them off. If I need to be past them subsequently, it's never too hard to achieve. To be honest, I get more riled at the stereotypical BMW/Audi drivers who just act like they own the road. And it never matters what I'm driving for that to hurt. Shame it brought those feelings, though. I do find the Esprit's 'eclectic' braking system to be quite frustrating, but I forgive the car its foibles every time I get behind the wheel.

Archived