litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Decided To Sell The Type 49

Phil S1

It’s taken a long time to reach this point, 13 years in fact, but I have finally decided it is time for me to sell my beloved Type 49. From a purely financial aspect I really ought to keep hold of it as prices for the S1’s really seem to be on the up now, but I have done pretty much all I ever wished to do with it and am now ready for a change to something a little more refined for my ageing bones. I’ve yet to get an advert written up and sort some photos but it would be great if it was to stay within the MLOC community so I thought I would give you all a bit of a heads up first in case any of you might be interested in acquiring it.

For anyone not familiar with the car here's a photo from earlier in the year...

IMG_20160430_110141729_zpserllcslo.jpg

I'm going for a lie down now sad.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear Phil. I've always hankered after a type 49 S1 because imo its the best colour combo you can get. Sadly I'm not in the market for one at the moment. If you've made your mind up set your price high it will fly. Whats going to replace it?

My favourite of all the limited editions! I wish I was in a position to buy it, its a beautiful thing! I remember following you on one of the peaks runs and thinking how fantastic it looked, it's an absolute credit to you Phil.

Are you leaving the Lotus community?

Thanks for all the positive comments chaps, it will be a very sad day when I say goodbye to it that's for sure. Hopefully I'll still get to see it from time to time but so many S1s get snapped up and taken abroad these days it seems.

I'm afraid the Lotus community are going to be stuck with me now Kurt, hopefully one of these days I might find myself in an Evora smile.png

A fantastic car, that I've always admired and is kept as mint as I used to keep my old one. Good luck with the sale.

Have you seen the type 49 Evora IPS at Matty's? Could be an ideal replacement maybe?

Thanks Steve

Yes that Type 49 Evora certainly did catch my attention but the colour scheme doesn't seem quite so well suited to the Evora in my opinion, I think there's too much white and I would need to give it the Sport Racer look with black sills and possibly roof. It's also an IPS which I don't particularly want and for it's age is quite a high mileage. It's been for sale for some months now so is probably overpriced too.

Wow - someone will get a superb car. But I guess once you've started to think about selling then it;s time to get rid. I was liek this with the 340R. Sometimes I wonder if I should have sold it but I think it was the right decision.

Archived