litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A Mloc Welsh Weekend

Jonathan E

Would anyone be interested in a weekend break to Wales? Saturday morning start, covering some of Wales finest, then overnight in mid wales hotel onto Sunday for more of the same before a trip back over the border.

Just thinking about it at the moment but need to gauge interest.....June or September is what I had in mind.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or maybe anglesea.........

i spend every other weekend in wales in the summer in a little tin box, looking over snowden and wishing i had driven there in the exige rather than the family wagon. the roads are glorious.

could be up for a mid wales run though jon... I just love than run through the élan valley

A quick update. I'm presently in discussion with a Hotel in regards to a Saturday night stay in June combined with evening meal and breakfast. Secure parking of course. Route plan would be north into Wales, take in Evo triangle, Capel Curig Llanberis pass before heading south into mid Wales for a the overnight stop. Second day would be more of the same but I haven't had time to look closely yet but heading back to the border at the end of the day. I suspect all of it will depend on the cost of the Hotel so I'll update as and when I have more info.

Hotel anywhere near Llandrindod? I've done a run from north to mid and used a pretty tasty route.

Lanberis - capel curig - betws - a470 to Ffestiniog - b4391 to capel celyn (ace) - Bala - back on the 4391 over then mountain then down to Llanfair and finish off on the Newtown - Llandrindod road which is a wonderful piece of road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have now heard back from one Hotel, and still discussing with another but presently looking at 24th/25th June. We have a choice of North or South Hotels and the price for a room for the night will be approximately £110 although this will depend on numbers.

I need to get an idea of how many people want to attend and what room requirements would be needed, I suspect some travelling as singles will be happy to share a room? The route will be dictated by which hotel we use but will include most of North and mid Wales finest. I can reserve the rooms on a minimal deposit but please keep in mind Hotels in the area with decent parking book up quickly so we need to get some numbers sorted asap.

Please add your name below if interested.

Jon E & Sue 1 double room.

Archived