litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Anyone Thinking Of Selling Their S2 Exige ?

@ndy

So i think I've made my mind up to replace my S1 Elise with an S2 Exige, It has to be the supercharged version and preferably 240 or 260 BHP.

Mechanics and track upgrades are more important then original garage queen cars as it's mostly going to spend its life on track but open to anything.

Cheers Andy. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi andy

if your tracking it does it need to be an S ?

the NA with its lighter weight keeps most S's humble on a track as your on 2nd cam pretty much permanently ?

i am having itchy feet for a change and might be putting my 06 NA up for sale

2 way ohlins fitted 6k miles ago, floating nitron bells up front, braided hoses, baffled sump, lower cam change, 39k miles, lightweight battery, 4 point harness etc.

richbk

hi andy

if your tracking it does it need to be an S ?

the NA with its lighter weight keeps most S's humble on a track as your on 2nd cam pretty much permanently ?

i am having itchy feet for a change and might be putting my 06 NA up for sale

2 way ohlins fitted 6k miles ago, floating nitron bells up front, braided hoses, baffled sump, lower cam change, 39k miles, lightweight battery, 4 point harness etc.

richbk

Hi Rich,

I've got my heart set on an S as I've owned one in the past, However never had the pleasure to drive an NA so will still keep an open mind.

Sounds like a good setup you have there..... Any photos ?

Cheers, Andy.

Rich's car looks fantastic in that colour.

You could buy it and have Hangar 111 supercharge it if you get bored and want more power.

It you are looking at adding a supercharger you would need to seriously look at this option

http://www.eliseracing.com/rotrex-conversion

Not sure if the figures are a little optimistic though?

I second Richbk regarding a N/A. Great fun on track and doesn't lack any go as long as you can keep it on cam. Which is sometimes easier said than done depending on the track. 

But i have never driven a S so i have nothing to compare against. 

There was quite a few Exige S in various formats the other month for sale. I am sure that there are a few around where someone hasn't got around to advertising just yet.

So i think I've made my mind up to replace my S1 Elise with an S2 Exige, It has to be the supercharged version and preferably 240 or 260 BHP.

Mechanics and track upgrades are more important then original garage queen cars as it's mostly going to spend its life on track but open to anything.

Cheers Andy. thumbs_up.gif

Andy there's a modded Honda one just been posted on Facebook. Any interest? I can send you a link

cant seem to link it but heres the spec..... theres some good photos i can email you - if youre on facebook this is the page name: Lotus elise and exige cars and parts for sale

Lotus Elise S2 k20 Honda conversion track/road car
£19,750
Stockport

2003 s2 chassis 53k miles
K20 Ep3 engine 60k miles chain,tensioner & guides 3k ago
2010 full strip and build wishbones & hubs blasted re zinc plated new poly bushes, new ball joints, wheel bearings, track rod ends including full track set up, rear subframe re galved other parts powder coated and interior trim panels and door cards flocked, carbon dash binnacle set up with digital dash 2,

2014 brand new BC coil overs, big brake upgrade including re machined front hubs to accept 308mm discs and 4 pot monoblock calipers without having to use adaptor brackets,
Front original AP racing 2pots moved to rear on extra brackets then cable handbrake only works on rear brembo caliper, all braided lines with banjo fittings including 1 piece braided clutch line,
Conversion mounts from msc, gear linkage from stark as well as the following shafts with Honda inners rover outers, no cat link pipe, 4-2-1 mani, msc loom,
19 row oil cooler running AN fittings black cloth braided pipes with a mishimoto thermostat sandwich plate,

R33 skyline Bee*R carbon spoiler blade with custom mounts fully adjustable, mmg rear 6fin 5 element diffuser, front canards, reverie brake duct scoops, exige side scoops extra wide version, front aces panels and engine cover with mesh kit, single skin race roof with Clio cup scoop and aerocatches.

Team dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels immaculate condition in gloss black with the letting colour matches to the colour on the caliper, with nearly new toyo r888 medium compound,

Pro alloy motorsport radiator with upgraded silicone pipes,
Rear toe link kit, short shifter kit fitted raised up on custom mount gauge mount in radio slot

All I can think of right now any questions just message

Archived