litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lucky Escape....

Chris_edeson

2 mins from work this morning and i whacked by a nissan quasqai, in the loti.

i was on a 2 lane road a few hundred yards from a roundabout, in the left lane to turn left, all of sudden this quashqai come blasting up on thr right and just pulls in to the left - i hear a massive bang and i hit the kirb on the left taking evasive action to limit the damage.

pulled in after the roundabout dreading to see what the damage was and unbelievably, only damage to my wing mirror (drivers side) and a scuffed tyre on the front left.

Just as it happened a V6 exige in grey pulled up alongside me! (mr kipling roundabout in Rugby it was about 8.15am)

could have been a lot worse i guess - so i'm just happy it wasn't damage to the main body of the car!

when i very politely and calmly asked her what the hell she was doing she said the car in front braked harder than she was expecting..... making it perfectly fine to smash in to the car on the left instead!! bangin.gif  busted_cop.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would a no fault claim increase my premiums? Just been reading online and it suggests it can do up to 30%.

I probably need a new wing mirror and tracking/geo... Is it worth a claim or just getting it done? I might price it all up and then speak to the woman who hit me and see if she's willing to cover it outside of insurance. Fortunately never had a bump before so not sure what's best.

Don't claim Chris - you'll have to declare the claim for the next 5 years for future quotes which will probably increase your premiums a fair bit, much better to settle up directly with the woman, or even pay for it yourself if you have to.

Is she admitting Liability ? & do you have a witness ? If so then go through your insurance as a no fault claim, they will then claim back from her insurance co.

The problem with this is that even if she has admitted fault she may well change her story then you could be left with a fault claim sad.png

Cost to supply, paint & fit a wing mirror, 2 x new tyres and geo/alignment will be well int the £ hundreds. Also have a very good look around the car for any damage you may have missed when you first looked.

She probably did not even know you were there Chrisbangin.gif

The insurance on my Elise is due for renewal and I'm ringing around.

Your current insurer may require you to notify them of the accident (and you will probably have to declare it next premium year anyway).

Even if you make a no fault claim, this could increase your premium next year (depends on the insurer apparently).

And may depend on the level of your excess (hence the advice to get a quote first).

Worth contacting your broker if you have one before deciding what's best for you.

Archived