litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Sprint Owners

Rick101

These are details of the 26 numbered UK cars I have to date.

1967 - Yellow - ChrisR

1970 - Yellow - Rick101

1972 - Blue - PNicholls

1973 - Yellow - For Sale B&C

1976 - Blue - John_w

1981 - Blue - For Sale Williams

1982 - Blue - Paul Wright

1984  -Yellow - R3000XXX

1987 - Blue -

1997 - Blue -

2007 - Blue - Lotus71

in Addition

000 - Yellow - Exported to Japan (original promo car)

001 - Blue - Cup spec car

I swapped my Elise for an Exige Sprint earlier this year. Very pleased with it, they are fantastic cars. I'm always interested when I see one on the various forums and keen to talk to owners but I have never seen one on the road.
Hopefully some at LITP this weekend.

Is there a Sprint Register anywhere? As there are not that many around it would be quite nice to know how many remain and where about's they are.

The Bumpf said 40 cars, year dated excluding 1982.
So far I have been informed 1982 does exist and there were a number of cars made for Europe and japan over and above the 40.

Would be great to hear from any owners past or present.

Thanks

Rick
1970 Yellow

2016-07-06_11.41.14_zpsmsizympm.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I have a 2008 Sprint bought new and I've a letter from Lotus you may be interested in which states numbers produced. Interestingly only 26 of the 40 were produced for the limited run in the UK, 13 blue and 13 yellow. If you google the sprint you'll see a few left hand drive models which Lotus say were produced at the request of European dealers although these aren't limited. If you see any of the last few produced you may notice they're missing 'Hethel 40th' from the embroidery and sticker. Lotus re-tooled the machines and didn't bother to put the Hethel bit on. I managed to get to see mine on the production line at Lotus and convinced them to let me have a copy of the build book which Lotus generally won't release anymore. I'll hopefully be at Chatsworth today but will be in my Caterham Sprint, pictured as the Exige is in the garage blocked in by my Elise which needs the seats refitting. Just hope they let me in driving a Caterham!

Just figured out how to attach photos!

post-4961-0-52446800-1468743689_thumb.jpeg

post-4961-0-08487300-1468743720_thumb.jpeg

Hi, I have a 2008 Sprint bought new and I've a letter from Lotus you may be interested in which states numbers produced. Interestingly only 26 of the 40 were produced for the limited run in the UK, 13 blue and 13 yellow. If you google the sprint you'll see a few left hand drive models which Lotus say were produced at the request of European dealers although these aren't limited. If you see any of the last few produced you may notice they're missing 'Hethel 40th' from the embroidery and sticker. Lotus re-tooled the machines and didn't bother to put the Hethel bit on. I managed to get to see mine on the production line at Lotus and convinced them to let me have a copy of the build book which Lotus generally won't release anymore. I'll hopefully be at Chatsworth today but will be in my Caterham Sprint, pictured as the Exige is in the garage blocked in by my Elise which needs the seats refitting. Just hope they let me in driving a Caterham!Just figured out how to attach photos!

Did you end up bringing the Exige to LitP in the end? I noticed there were two there...

Hi, no I took my Caterham Sprint instead which is painted in the same colours. Ironically one of the other blue sprints lives up the road from me. Small world.

Hi guys I use to own the first sprint produced, was made in 07 for lotus promotion, all the pre production pictures was of this car, the only thing it did not have was the big brake kit, if you look at the promo pics of the time you can see it only had the small front brakes, sold it a few years ago and it went to Japan, get my new Toxic green cup 250 in September, can not wait

post-3045-0-03059500-1469266243_thumb.jpeg

post-3045-0-69906600-1469266477_thumb.jpeg

Hi thanks for posting and for the information. These cars get rarer and rarer. Wouldn't be surprised if we were under 20 UK cars now.

Enjoy the new one. Looks to be a corker.

Archived