litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Help - Need A New Cat Asap - Any Recommendations?

Phil S1

Well, with LitP and Donington fast looming on the horizon my cat has decided to start parting with it's innards so I need a replacement pretty soon.

I noticed a new heavy rattle this morning whilst it was ticking over and tracked it down to the cat. After a bit of a fight it's now off and the matrix is definitely coming adrift inside. I was also getting a nice shower of what I presume to be platinum particles in the process.

I don't want to de-cat it so has anyone got any recommendations for a new replacement or even got a good one lying around they'd like to sell me? Prices seem to be all over the shop, ranging from about £50 to over £200 for one from the likes of Rimmer Bros or Eliseparts.

At the moment I'm planning on going up to the local motor factors in the morning to see what they have to offer but may well end up with the Eliseparts one, especially as it doesn't have the studs pressed in which would be a bonus when re-fitting.

Any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Phil

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jody is top when it comes to lotus I always remember when I had my Elise s2 and Jody posted a thread on a 135 cam upgrade .. I was of like a shot to get some .. Topman

Regards

Colin

Jody is top when it comes to lotus I always remember when I had my Elise s2 and Jody posted a thread on a 135 cam upgrade .. I was of like a shot to get some .. Topman

Regards

Colin

Thank bud ;)

Thanks to Jody I am now back on the road again, without the rattle :)

Thanks again mate and I'll see you next weekend :tup:

No problem Phil glad I could help ;)

Archived