litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Gt3 Red Bull - Decals & Race No.

SCOTTJ

Hi All,

I've recently had some work to have decals very much like the Exige GT3 Red Bull of Adrian Newey he raced in BritCar 2009-2012. I've had car for  15 years now and i was getting bored of blue. Two questions...

1. The age old question is it illegal to have number on side of car on public roads. Can police fine you?

2. Has anyone else registered with there insurance if they have had decals...

IMG_3595_zpsnt8qgiqf.jpg

IMG_3579_zps5zogkmnl.jpg

IMG_3701_zpskscrgkc2.jpg

IMG_3596_zps2ilmtsew.jpg

IMG_3702_zpstqh3kscz.jpg

Only subtle decals...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Red Bull be sponsoring you?

Isn't 'decals suggesting performance alterations' (or words to that effect) one of those tick box criteria on insurance websites? 

Can't see numbers being illegal. 

Ahhh that didn't take long! I've literally just joined lotus drivers club trying to track her car down!! 

That was quite a surprise!!! Where did you get that pic... :)

P.s. Keith I was considering Red Bull Sponsorship...  but I don't think I could handle the amount of Red Bull and Vodka I used to drink on a night...

How very spooky never seen anyone do the decals and then one turns up at local garage...

Bit like when I went with Evo X FQ400 to Mitsi garage... Though it was my car they were revving and there was another blue Evo X FQ400 having water pump replaced!!!  Seeing as there are only 11 blue ones it was quite a coincident !!!

Litterally just joined Lotus Drivers Club... I will have a look on forum!

post-1342-0-66542600-1467814311_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-27428900-1467814425_thumb.jpg

How very spooky never seen anyone do the decals and then one turns up at local garage...

Bit like when I went with Evo X FQ400 to Mitsi garage... Though it was my car they were revving and there was another blue Evo X FQ400 having water pump replaced!!!  Seeing as there are only 11 blue ones it was quite a coincident !!!

Litterally just joined Lotus Drivers Club... I will have a look on forum!

Yes Had it done 2012/2013 for the NEC Classic Car Show also informed Red Bull they were ok with it ,

Good job we did as the stand next to us her son looked after merchandise and licencing for RED BULL she took lots of photo to show her son . 

Eddie.

Strange never seen it around I'm always round Daventry, Rugby, Northampton!  Turns out you got it done at a company on Stephenson Close???  I used to work for a company on that road.  I got car in 2001 brand new, No. 31 of production line one of the press release cars because they messed my about with M250 project.  It's had a few different guises in it's time! 

I was taking niece to drop her off at prom at Hellidon Lakes again very Spooky!

When you have race numbers for a proper race event it's a requirement of the MSA blue book (rule book) that you put a cross through the numbers when driving on public roads when not part of the event. I know a few people have had letter from the MSA event scruteneer after leaving a sprint / hill climb without crossing out their number. However as you don't have a race licence and aren't competing under the MSA then I don' think anyone could say anything.

Now I do think you need to tell your insurance though!!

Thanks for the info on the race numbers makes sense. 

I will give insurance a call let them know they are only subtle decals lol...

Archived