litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyres - S2 Exige (Toyota)

P W

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Exige came with T1Rs when I got it. They were ok on the road but I took them on a track day and basically melted them. I swapped out to a set of A048s as it was summer and I wanted to do track days. I could not believe the difference they made to the way I drove and the confidence I had in the car compared to the T1Rs which have very soft sidewalls. The A048s were a little scary when it rained hard especially when they were getting near the wear markers. I replaced them with a set of R888s (the old style) which seem to be very similar to the A048s but I was amazed at how well they lasted at Donington Park yesterday with hardly any wear recorded on my tyre gauge so they seem to be much longer lasting but I have been keeping an eye on pressures and take time on a TD to make sure I get them to the right pressures when hot.

Would never buy a set of T1Rs. If I wanted a set of road leaning then I would plum for A08Rs.

Archived