litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Searching For 340R For Sale

Tall James

Hi, I'm looking for a 340r for sale, just missed advert old car had arranged to view this weekend and got a call to say someone had pit deposit down, devestated... If I had known there was a no quibble deposit return if your not happy for any reason I would have put it down last week, to make matters worse the buyer is a invested and does not plan to drive the car at all ???? So if anyone knows where there is one or has one for sale please get in touch, new to this forum business hope I posted where this will get seen and in the correct place kind regards

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm looking for a 340r for sale, just missed advert old car had arranged to view this weekend and got a call to say someone had pit deposit down, devestated... If I had known there was a no quibble deposit return if your not happy for any reason I would have put it down last week, to make matters worse the buyer is a invested and does not plan to drive the car at all ???? So if anyone knows where there is one or has one for sale please get in touch, new to this forum business hope I posted where this will get seen and in the correct place kind regards

Isn't there one for sale at Silverlink Cars in Newcastle?

Yea the one at silverlink is the one where I got gazumped, hey already rising in value as were only around 19k 8-10 years ago and once upon a time as low as 14k I need to find private owners and make them an offer, do you know anyone who has one? Preferably Mag wheels low owners and millage ti exhaust carbon mudflaps not hat I'm being picky

Do you have a link to the fb 340r group as I'm not on it and don't know how to use kind regards

I wouldn't get hung up on mileage or owners. I'd buy on condition. I saw some shocking cars with less than 5k on the clock! I'm not on Facebook either so can't help you there. With regard to value I meant in more recent times, they've been 25-30k for the last 2-3 years. I'm really surprised as are other owners that they haven't gone up more, maybe this year might be the year. Especially now if they are being bought by investors. Mines got 18k on it but it's like new as it had a full body off restoration/rebuild.

I think you've got to be prepared to pay £28k + to get one whether that's private or trade, unless you are very lucky. I'm always looking so if I see anything I'll drop you a message.

Facebook group is a closed group but if you explain to the moderator (probably Junks) that you are on the lookout to buy, then you'll have no issue. Thing is, I don't use Facebook for anything other than to keep updated on the 340R group. There's a group member selling a white one on there at the minute, it may or may not be for you. Also one for sale in Holland ( not the target cars one, avoid.) but I think it's a left hooker.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/428633927223582/

Have you seen this one?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512169486363?make=lotus&postcode=WS8%207NJ&page=1&search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&model=340r&sort=default&radius=1501&searchcontext=default&logcode=p

Just spotted that one is also sold. Doh!

I prepared to pay whatever if takes for the right car, thanks for helping me look, I'm so upset I missed that one, it ticked all the boxes, how long have you had yours?

Just over a year now, no plans to sell at the moment.

Just over a year now, no plans to sell at the moment.

Would you mind giving me some info on yours? Where did u find it? What did you pay? How many miles etc really interested anything you can tell me, I know about the cars in Holland, and the White one is not for me I want original not the Honda unfortunately

One has recently sold at Contempo motors in Hong Kong for £55,000

They're quite keen on them over there and also in Japan. A lot have been exported, adding to the shortage over here.

Cakes, mine has just nudged past 19k. miles. They were made to be driven.

Would you mind giving me some info on yours? Where did u find it? What did you pay? How many miles etc really interested anything you can tell me, I know about the cars in Holland, and the White one is not for me I want original not the Honda unfortunately

Pistonheads but I nearly bought one from France via Leboincoin. 18k miles, verniers, 190 upgrade, carbon airbox, ultra close ratio gear box, magnesium alloys. It had full body off respray, engine rebuild and complete suspension refresh. Like I said before it's basically a new car. Don't really want to go into detail with regard to what I paid but put it this way I'd still have the confidence to buy one at £30k plus for the right car, as I feel they have got to go up pretty soon!

They're quite keen on them over there and also in Japan. A lot have been exported, adding to the shortage over here.

Im going to drive mine that is for sure! If I can ever find one again

19k miles that's a good effort! £55k now that's more like it, onwards and upwards that's all I can say. I reckon that's where they will end up along with Exige S1 around the £50k mark. Someone from Belgium offered me £40k for my Exige last year.

Hi James, you should get in contact with Leigh (Dr H on here) He has a mint low mileage example that may be up for sale soon.

Archived