litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

"rally Of The Tests" Sunday 13th Curborough

Tango190

This is an extract quote from my Curborough club newsletter.

The historic Rally of the Tests - a recreation of the old RAC rally - is coming to Curborough once again, this year on Sunday 13th November.

The first car is expected at around 12:20pm.

Spectators are most welcome. :D

Not sure what kind of cars or event this will be, but if you have chuff all else to do on Sunday it's an option. There is usually a snack bar open, but I have no details on this for sure ... so have some breaky first :P

Bob

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends of mine have done this a few times, came 2nd overall a couple of years back in a Mini Van :P The organisers weren't happy!

The cars are quite variable, but primarily it's 50's cars with a few 60's stuff thrown in, last time I watched it at Curborough it pissed it down, but there were a couple of Lotus Elites taking part (proper ones). Only Lotus taking part this year is a 1966 S3 Elan.

At Curbourough the do a lap (wrong way round the last time) using additional chicanes and sometimes 360 round a cone etc, it's effectively a glorified autotest. Got loads of pictures somewhere from the last one I went to.

Full entry list at the link below.

http://www.classicrally.org.uk/rott2005/extra1.html

Archived