litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Tyres.... Kin'ell The Yoko Ao48's Are A Bit Pricey

John FISH Curtis

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had ad08s on my previous exige, standard ride height and they were fine. No rubbing at all....

The ad08r is the newer model brought out last year I believe... The ad08 would be fine, it's just the previous model...

I have the ado8 tyres on the s1 on my comps, at Donno thunder in the park in the wet and damp I couldn't get the feeling to push the car! I then swapped to the R888's and they were so much better! More feel front and rear and dare I say more forgiving.

John did say no trackdays? IMO AD08r are perfect for just road use. The experience i have are they are stunning in the wet. I know which i would choose as a wet and dry road tyre.

Edit,  205/50/16 on the front.

225/45/17 on the rear

Fronts are only available as 205/45/16, not 205/50/16

No track use, just road..... and garage wink.png

Whats this then? Scotch mist?       harhar.gif

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b2964s300p114345/Yokohama_Tyres_Car_Yokohama_AD08R_Advan_Neova_Yokohama_AD_08_R_-_205_50_R16_87V_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_3_Noise%3A_75dB

And on tyreleader

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-205-50-16/?m%5B8%5D=on

Yes it's the 205/45/16 AD08R you want.

I priced up same at all the usual suspects, Tyre leader cheapest and advantage of delivery to one of their recommended fitting places.

Just had a search around. Some seem to use 50 front profile and some 45 front profile? Im sure mine are 50. The front will sit slightly lower with 45 profile.

http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Tyres_for_OZ_Racing_Rims#Advan_A048

Might also cause a problem if you have ABS? The reference is with OZ racing rims? I dont know if this applies to all rims?

Not sure if it's documented anywhere but the ad08r 'seem' to be a softer compound than the older ad08. No rubbing issues on mine with 205/45/16

Just had a search around. Some seem to use 50 front profile and some 45 front profile? Im sure mine are 50. The front will sit slightly lower with 45 profile.

http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Tyres_for_OZ_Racing_Rims#Advan_A048

Might also cause a problem if you have ABS? The reference is with OZ racing rims? I dont know if this applies to all rims?

Standard 195/50/16 is 601mm diameter

205/45/16 is 591mm

205/50/16 is 611mm

Ride height is going to be 5mm lower or higher than standard depending on which you go for.

I went for the 45s car is still on standard billies and I'd rather drop the front and run a little more rake than raise it.

I suppose as long as you set the ride height with the tyres on it makes no difference? What front profile are AO48? as standard issue? surely 195 and 205, 50 profile have the same diameter and just the width is different? Just checked looks like 5mm difference in ride height, How strange?

I suppose as long as you set the ride height with the tyres on it makes no difference? What front profile are AO48? as standard issue? surely 195 and 205, 50 profile have the same diameter and just the width is different? Just checked looks like 5mm difference in ride height, How strange?

I went all through this and got to the same conclusion when I had the S2..... I ran 205/45/16 on the front with no issues, I recommend doing the same Fish.

Archived