litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

'40mph Club!'

Ladders

What is it with these people! Trying to get work in the morning, driving down a main road, and then you get stuck behind someone doing 40mph! It's always 40mph as well!

So to get to work on time I have to leave ten past eight to get there for nine, and its only about 12 miles away!

But you can garantee these same people, as soon as there's fog and you cant see, will be trying to overtake you at 60mph!

Oh and add to the list people coming towards you, who flash you from a mile away, when you're trying to overtake the person driving at 40mph on straight clear road!

Rant over B)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these the same people that sit in the middle lane of the motorway at 60, with a long line of people trying to get past? :( The motorways would be so much clearer if people actually used the inside lane for normal driving... maybe they should introduce "middle lane" cameras??? ;)

steve B)

Are these the same people that sit in the middle lane of the motorway at 60, with a long line of people trying to get past? :( The motorways would be so much clearer if people actually used the inside lane for normal driving...  maybe they should introduce "middle lane" cameras??? ;)

steve B)

No, they are the people who sit in the outside lane at 60mph

'But they're not breaking any laws' and 'speed kills'.

Apart from the fact they would fail their driving test, w***ers:bangin:

Have you noticed politicians are starting to call speed cameras 'safety cameras' :(

and relax.

Actually this is an odd one as I get far crosser with people doing this than most other things - but the worst are those who speed up as you try to overtake them since that's just dangerous. Somehow as if overtaking them is like punching their mothers or something...Driving right round the outside of roundabouts is irritating as well. :(

Actually it's a bit difficult to be cross today as I have finished work for Christmas. Hoorah! ;) Is that a beer I see before me?

Very Annoying.

The same type of people who speed up when you go to overtake.

Must admit that im a motorway flasher :( If they don't move out of the fast lane within a reasonable time limit i flash them to move.

I mean...i dont't hang around in the third lane if 2 and 1 are free so why should they ??? plus my exhaust sounds awesome at 80mph and accelerating B)

The second worse thing about being behind these kind of people is having the capability to overtake them !! Its so easy just to go around one person...and another...and another just to have a clear road.

Problem with this is that elise drivers get a reputation as nutters ;)

I can live with that...

• 3 weeks later...

morning everyone, i agree totally. we have to drive to work in a smart car andas soon as we try to overtake a 40mph traveller they speed up then sit on our tail . dont usually have a problem when out in the elise though most just look at the car as i go past!

Heres one for your to chew on.....people that can't corner!! They drive at 60 on the straights and then slow right down to 30 - 40 on bends...making them really difficult to pass!! MUPPETS!!

I'll add to this the Tw@ in the Peoguet 406, who when I pulled up next to him on a 2 lane road at traffic lights on the outside lane decided to race me off the line!

Then after burning him off (of course) decided to do the same at the next set of lights, except this time trying to block me in as my lane filtered into one.

Anyway beat him again, but as I stopped at a roundabout he just flew throught it, without stopping for traffic giving me the bird! Well done! and if you are reading this and want a re-match on track! anytime! ;)

Archived