Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteveTef

Brake Caliper - S2 K Series Elise

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else could verify/confirm that the brake calipers on the Elise are the same as that on a Laguna? Seems abit odd to me but there is a thread on one of the forums which states this. 

Just wondering if this is correct as I am in need of a replacement rear passenger caliper. (Handbrake is sticking) and although I am cleaning it up to loosen I don't think this will be sufficient. 

Of course any other ideas would be appreciated. Would like to be able to use the car so any quick fixes which are reliable would be great. (I really don't want to risk anything with the brakes) 

Thanks 

Steve 

I just part ex'd my rears at SJ Sportscars for new + cash. I'm sure Steve would do something for a reconditioned one too.

• Similar Content

• By hotpurple
      Hi all, I’ve been at this about an hour but so far no luck. I’ve got a pair of front callipers to fit to my 2001 S2 Elise, but I’m having some trouble getting the hydraulic fitting undone. It seems to be seized in solid. Has anyone got any tips for what I can try? I guess it’s not been undone in 19 years and has corroded in to the aluminium body of the caliper. I’ve tried hitting it with a copper mallet, hitting the spanner with said mallet and also hearing it with a blow torch. I’m being quite careful with the latter as I’m acutely aware that there’s a rubber hose coming out of the fitting. 

• By HarCor
      Hi, I'm looking for a well maintained 135R.
      Offers please to my e-mail harrycornelissen@hotmail.com or whatsapp +31622238964 . 
      Thnaks, gr Harry 
    • By darren5591
      Hey all,
      I need to replace the radiator on my S2 Elise Toyota and have been considering going for a twin fan setup. Has anyone done the same and could recommend somewhere best?
      Thanks,
      Daz
    • By Foxy
      I'm looking in to getting door waist seals made up (S2/S3). These new ones will have stainless steel 'inners' so won't corrode like the standard ones (if you can find them!).
      Does anyone have any old seals that we can use for evaluation and chopping apart?
    • By Musicman7
      Hi guys.

Not been on for a while.. good to see many of you this past weekend! As per title, I've had my car dipped matte orange, as well as had a spoiler fittted, canards, carbon fibre spoiler etc. 

I quite like it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use