litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

If You Have An Exige Or Toyota Elise......you Need This.

John FISH Curtis

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine have turned up this morning...

Excellent thanks for that, all looks straight forward apart from the 14mm bolts on the front mount!

14s are a little tricky as they have the potential to drop down the mount itself, not the end of the world just a few choice words when it happens

Easy way to check if you have / havnt is to open the engine cover and look down. You should see the rear mount.

I have highlighted mine in this photo.

On cars which havnt got these installed you should see nothing where you can see yellow on mine. I think the elise parts ones are chamfered on the outer edge unlike the Powerflex.

sketch-1444416964197.jpg

Easy way to check if you have / havnt is to open the engine cover and look down. You should see the rear mount.

I have highlighted mine in this photo.

On cars which havnt got these installed you should see nothing where you can see yellow on mine. I think the elise parts ones are chamfered on the outer edge unlike the Powerflex.

sketch-1444416964197.jpg

Kieran

If thats how clean the underside of your car is well bloody bugger me its awsome :)

• 4 months later...

I've just replaced my Elise Parts yellow mounts (the ones everyone is raving about on this thread) with the black ones from Elise Shop.  No longer have the vibration that others on here either didn't have or didn't mind!  So if anyone wants a set that have already been "bedded in"  :)   Then £30 and they're yours.  Only in the car for 600 miles so as good as new.

Mine have been on a year now (realistically 10 miles) and they have beded in a treat.

(Powerflex Yellow)

Tsk tsk, sorry Kieran I think we all know you were over-egging that one.....;)

Sounds like a very good mod.

The yellow were in for 24HRS as the car would have destroyed it self if any longer the black are so much better but even they have a little vibration at low revs I noticed yesterday I think a heat shield has come loose somewhere in the engine bay and the dash has always rattled when sat in traffic around the center dash vents.   

Archived