Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

Dr H

13 hours ago, The Cakes said:

Good idea with those plates on the rear 👌🏻

Did you get a trailer sorted?

They are actually on the front :harhar:

Confirmed that I can take it to the trimmers on Thursday and managed to rent a transported at very short notice! Better hope for good weather as it needs to go without the doors on if possible.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dr H said:

They are actually on the front :harhar:

Confirmed that I can take it to the trimmers on Thursday and managed to rent a transported at very short notice! Better hope for good weather as it needs to go without the doors on if possible.

Doh! 🙈

Perfect, hope they do a good job! 🤞🏼

Dropped off at the trimmers today!

LB were collecting one of their cars and after looking over it my 'to do' list seems to have got longer lol.gif.

Hopefully car will be ready collect towards the end of Sep. Bit longer than planned but it's summer hols and some of the staff are going on leave.

On 14/08/2019 at 09:23, kieranexige said:

Just catching up.

Loving this , its getting closer!!!!!

Regarding the light pods, what about bonding some strong magnets to the underside of the clam.

Have considered magnets but too risky. I have a plan!

• 5 weeks later...

Well the trimmer has had the car for over 4 weeks. Estimated time was 3 weeks. As of Friday this week they still hadn't done a thing. Only just ordered the materials etc. 😕

Collected some bits from LB on Friday but nothing to report really.

Still working out the ITB lever situation. Jenvey have proposed something but didn't seem to understand what I needed and having explained it to them again have gone quiet.

The bloke (Kieran's mate Paul) at the RR I used in Long Eaton is continuing with his proposal though. He's a top fella and wants to help.

So won't have the car back for another couple of weeks at the earliest.

Car should be back from the trimmers on Wednesday all being well. Defo by end of week.

Today I had the paint bloke around fixing all the dings and chips I've put in it whilst I've been assembling it

More to do when the when car comes back but today he did paint on both doors, the rear clam on one of the arches (edge chip)

live_staticfkr_com_65535_48782356461_a2c4302565_c.jpg

and the 'burn' mark from the exhaust when the clam we left open whist we ran the car....wall.gif. All good now though!

live_staticfkr_com_65535_48781994383_32da20d22c_c.jpg

Also changed the front face of the lamp pod from green to black. Will look so much better when the lamps are in and will match the black surrounds on the pop up headlamps.

live_staticfkr_com_65535_48781993898_b138092711_c.jpg

live_staticfkr_com_65535_48782526367_f3dec1e749_c.jpg

And the new set of front louvres so I can modify my other set to incorporate brackets for the lamp pod as previously discussed here. The new louvres have a very slight curve in them which fits the body better, the older ones were totally flat.

live_staticfkr_com_65535_48782526012_f799cb7a7e_c.jpg

Paint chap can't come back for 4 weeks so that'll give me plenty of time to knock some more lumps out of it before he returns.....

It's back clp.gif

Got a call at 3:30 to say it was done and would be at my house by 6pm. Main bits done dash and centre tunnel to follow in next few days. Made sense to get the car back today as the weather was good this afternoon. Open trailer no doors, windows or windscreen.

LB very kindly transported it for me.

So carpets and interior 'roll cage' done. Will try and get some decent pics tomorrow.

48795907507_40542e6085_c.jpg

48795907822_0cc20d043b_c.jpg

48795769481_a0d0b8788c_c.jpg

Go a lovely machined filler neck too, a recent LB development

48795908352_7ca58109bc_c.jpg

8 hours ago, The Cakes said:

Touching distance now 🙏🏻🙏🏻

If only! Still loads to do and tweak.

Going to redo the oil cooler by adding a sandwich as not sure the Alfa oil cooler valve works properly. No one has any idea how it's supposed to work!

Mods to ITBs to make opening characteristics better.

Lots of other stuff to to make it 'just right'. 4 1/2 weeks until the paint bloke comes back so have a bit of time to do stuff.

Biggest delay I can see is the door cards and final mapping.

Let's face it no point in rushing to finish it for deepest darkest winter so I can take my time and make sure it's up to my standards 😁

1 hour ago, Dr H said:

Let's face it no point in rushing to finish it for deepest darkest winter so I can take my time and make sure it's up to my standards 😁

This is it buddy. Just relax and let it take its course. I hoped I had finished mine last July (18), I rushed the finish to get to LiTP only to bollox up the paint work. I did but didn't take into account niggles and even now Gav has a list of jobs to do next month.  Lol luckily all minor :tup:

..and this year again I missed LiTP (it wasn't my fault (again) Dean :crazy:l

Archived