litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oz Racing Wheels

Kevin

Having spent far too long looking at a new set for wheels for my S2 K Series 2002 Elise, I have now found second hand set of OZ Racing Wheels ( I know that seriously lotus had some but no longer on their web site) I'm awaiting more photographs to confirm condition but hopefully they will be in good condition.

On advice, from chaps on here, I will take them along to 1st Class Alloys for a refurb.

Now I'm looking for some help re tyres.. Will the 175 AD07 still fit on the front or will I have to go up to 195? If so are the Avons any good for sprite rod use as I don't track the car?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Here's hoping for good weather on Sunday!,,

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AD08's with 205's  on the front will be good with OZ rims smile.png

You can also get Continental contact sport 2's in the correct sizes, these are great tyres in the wet but can overheat and squeal a bit if pushed in the dry.

Russ

Martin R

Thanks for you note re AD08R's, I'm no handing expert at all, but on reading other threads about tyres it talkers about 'Tramlining' with using wider front tyres. Would AD08R's change the handling characteristics the Elise that I'm used to with 175's on the fronts?

Thanks

Kevin

Weather looking better for Sunday Wales MLOC

175 are too narrow.

195 was the standard fitment for Oz racing but 205 is also fine and gives a wider range of tyres.

Tramlining will be more to do with your geo set up but wider tyres will have a little effect but not much.

For a bit of saving you could also look at Toyo T1R's.

I upgraded  mine and put 195's up front, and I was really happy. I felt it was very well balanced as a road package. You could argue it's a goldilocks amount of grip between front and rear when you  don't have big power ;).   It didn't tramline, and the braking performance improved no end.

I did 8k road miles with that config, including Stelvio and Monaco, as well as the local runs out in Notts and the Peaks and couldn't fault them. They still had decent tread when I sold the car.

The one time I tracked the T1-Rs is the only time I felt I could do with better tyres.

175 are too narrow.

195 was the standard fitment for Oz racing but 205 is also fine and gives a wider range of tyres.

Tramlining will be more to do with your geo set up but wider tyres will have a little effect but not much.

+1

Archived