litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

V6 Exige Limp Mode - Error Codes P2104 & P2119

@ndy

So I went to start my V6 Exige this morning and I have the engine light and traction control light on the dash and it wont rev above 1500rpm ?

Problem is I'm not at home and staying in a B&B for the MLOC Lotus in the Peak event and suppose to be one of the group leaders for the run in the morning !

I've currently just connected the battery and will leave for 30 mins.... 

Any ideas appreciated 1532.gif 

Cheers,
Andy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you get it sorted Andy? Dont you have The AA membership with it? Might be worth calling them?

Paul

AA are 15 mins away so hopefully something simple?

Error code was P2104 - throttle control unit.

Couldn't reset at 1st so the AA suggested removing the intake hose and manually operating the butterfly, once this was done the error could be reset and everything was good to go.

Will get it to Lotus in the near future to get it checked out.

Cheers Andy

Andy do you have launch control? Sure I managed to accidentally adjust mine to very low revs when I first had it.

It has DPM system that's operated by a rotary switch..... Thanks for the info thou.

So the error re-appeared last night after LitP so had to call the AA out again, Once reset I dropped the car of to Lotus Silverstone today for them to investigate, Not holding up much hope of a quick fix before the weekend !

By the way, when its reset the car drives fine with no symptoms, it only appears after the car has been sat overnight of for long periods,

Will keep you all posted.... sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked the LF1 up from Lotus Silverstone on Saturday after dropping it off on the previous Monday for them to investigate the throttle control ECU errors and the car going in to limp mode. (ref post above)

On receiving the car Silverstone called the Lotus factory who then sent a tech over on Wednesday to take a look, Investigative work included checking out all the connections and wiring linked to the throttle control and ECU, Unfortunately nothing was found so the next step was to update the firmware in the ECU.

The good news is the error did not return over the next few days even after multiple starts each day, the bad news is they didn’t find anything conclusive so can’t confirm if it’s 100% fixed which I totally understand…. How can you fix something that’s not broken ?

Anyway, while the car was at Silverstone I asked them to check out a couple of little niggles, these included a suspected loose driver’s seat and stiff boot/engine cover release mechanism and I’m happy to say they sorted both even replacing the seat runner on the driver’s seat.

Overall very happy with the service from Lotus Silverstone, Let’s hope the fault is sorted as I’m off to Spa at the weekend for a track day on Monday.

Andy.

So I picked the LF1 up from Lotus Silverstone on Saturday after dropping it off on the previous Monday for them to investigate the throttle control ECU errors and the car going in to limp mode. (ref post above)

On receiving the car Silverstone called the Lotus factory who then sent a tech over on Wednesday to take a look, Investigative work included checking out all the connections and wiring linked to the throttle control and ECU, Unfortunately nothing was found so the next step was to update the firmware in the ECU.

The good news is the error did not return over the next few days even after multiple starts each day, the bad news is they didn’t find anything conclusive so can’t confirm if it’s 100% fixed which I totally understand…. How can you fix something that’s not broken ?

Anyway, while the car was at Silverstone I asked them to check out a couple of little niggles, these included a suspected loose driver’s seat and stiff boot/engine cover release mechanism and I’m happy to say they sorted both even replacing the seat runner on the driver’s seat.

Overall very happy with the service from Lotus Silverstone, Let’s hope the fault is sorted as I’m off to Spa at the weekend for a track day on Monday.

Andy.

Sounds like it could be sorted Andy. Fingers crossed for you it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 2 weeks of no problems including a Euro trip and track day at Spa the LF1 has again gone in to limp mode with they same error codes......

It's being recovered to Lotus Silverstone tomorrow.

Time to kick some arse at Lotus I think to get this sorted, they need to start replacing parts.

Archived