litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Results Are In........

@ndy

As some of you know I've been building a new K-series engine over the winter (linky) along with some other upgrades/refresh work and today was the day it went for mapping at Dyno-Tech in Ripley on recommendation from MartinR.

So anyone want to guess what it made ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not driven it yet, No MOT or tax !

Dyno-Tech happy to sort any problems if any, They did a thorough job going through all the load sites on the rollers where Emerald only did the top end and bottom end then just did a linear map between them, Highly recommend them :tup:

Andy, now that is impressive with 285H cams? ( IIRC )   There is a lot to be said for proper induction. I presume you went for unequal length trumpets?

I may have to reconsider my decision not to butcher the boot on mine this Winter    :)

Andy, you have started me fiddling again      smile.png      Any chance of a pic of the TB set up? It turns out im only getting 87% throttle opening on mine at WOT.

Bloody things are awkward on a Sport 190. I had to remove the backplate on the TB,s to access the linkage. Anyway i then recalibrated the TPS on the Emerald by operating the linkage by hand to WOT. Jumped in the car and operated the accelerator whilst watching the Emerald live screen. Result 87% opening.

I Can get it to 90% with cable adjustment. After that it will not return to 0% when you release the accelerator. Either the throttle  cable is worn or sticking or the return springs on the Jenveys are worn? A bit of both i expect. I just need to find out if its a standard throttle cable?

There is a fair bit being lost in butterfly opening between 90 and 100% obviously.

There is a lot to be said for having an Emerald on the car    smile.png

Sorry for the long winded slight thread drift. Someone may find it useful though.

Archived