litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S1 Restoration (images changed).

jonnyfox

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not anymore fellas. Gearbox needs to come off, clutch to the floor, slave looks knackered and there is fluid everywhere. I'll be honest as it stands I'm pooped, I've got loads on and I'm juggling too many balls. I need to slow down the pace to be able to complete the car as I fully intended. Enjoy LitP, it'll be next year for me. 

1 hour ago, jonnyfox said:

Not anymore fellas. Gearbox needs to come off, clutch to the floor, slave looks knackered and there is fluid everywhere. I'll be honest as it stands I'm pooped, I've got loads on and I'm juggling too many balls. I need to slow down the pace to be able to complete the car as I fully intended. Enjoy LitP, it'll be next year for me. 

That's a pity Jonny, but it's pretty unusual to completely rebuild something in the way you have and not get any teething problems. Look forward to seeing it next year, I can;t make LitP again this year as I'm on hols. Maybe I can follow you next year in the Stratos - I'll just stick some Lotus badges on it and see if I can sneak in B)

If it's just the slave cylinder then it's a straightforward job to fit a replacement so don't worry. Shouldn't need the 'box out for it.

Can't understand why Gav didn't spot it when it was there, as they usually start to weep when the seal's worn.

It's brand new, no sign of any weeping while it was with Gav. Lol I know because he found other signs of weeping some other numpty was responsible for :blush:. The piston seems to have almost come right out. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

New arm and slave, sorted. EP, I totally blame Martin :lol:

Just need to hunt a new original down tomorrow and get it to Gav before end of play. 

Mines still going strong after loads of trackdays and sprints. Its also shortly going to Le Mans again for a trackday. Yours cant make it out the garage   :tongue2:

Archived