litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S1 Restoration (images changed).

jonnyfox

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Gav’s today and had a sneaky look.

It is the cleanest, tidiest S1 I have ever seen!!!

I am guessing it didn’t even look that good in the factory :-)

Fantastic job!

:blush: I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thanks fellas. Yep Gav has it and will hopefully be done before the 11th where it's booked in for minor body work repairs. I managed to give the splitter a ding loading it on the trailer, but that's me :lol:. I took a leaf out of Kurts book :tup:. Wheel arch and passenger door latch as well but should be fine. Also booked in for tyres and protection film before July. 

Oh and before anyone sees it, I made a bit of a promise to myself that the last job I would do is clean the underside of the chassis and shot blast and paint the tow hook. Lol it's a bit daft I know but hey :unsure:

Awesome Jonny! Bloody awesome!

I will always remember you at Donny in your amazing S2 Exige, looking at my New Ali S1 Exige... I know you would end up where you are now mate!

Hope to see you on the LITP run! Thats the plan anyway :>)

Cheers,

Pete 

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's certainly purring now, massive thanks to Gav at Unit 4 Burton. 

He made up and fitted fuel & oil hoses. Fitted gear cable bush kit, set up gears, repositioned and adjusted handbrake cable.  Bleed brakes, clutch and sorted leaks. Filled and bleed cooling system which required the removal of the heater valve, no longer running AC it was causing temperature issues. Suspension bolts checked, corrected and geometry set. 

Car was collected today and delivered back to the paint shop for a touch up here and there.  Popping on some Yokohama AD08R's while the works being done. I do like Avon ZZS's but Yoko's are more in keeping I guess.

Almost there.....:clap:

On 25/06/2018 at 20:07, jonnyfox said:

Well it's certainly purring now, massive thanks to Gav at Unit 4 Burton. 

He made up and fitted fuel & oil hoses. Fitted gear cable bush kit, set up gears, repositioned and adjusted handbrake cable.  Bleed brakes, clutch and sorted leaks. Filled and bleed cooling system which required the removal of the heater valve, no longer running AC it was causing temperature issues. Suspension bolts checked, corrected and geometry set. 

Car was collected today and delivered back to the paint shop for a touch up here and there.  Popping on some Yokohama AD08R's while the works being done. I do like Avon ZZS's but Yoko's are more in keeping I guess.

Almost there.....:clap:

Fantastic job !!! 

Gav is Awsome & knows his stuff 👍

I genuinely cannot wait to see your car Jonny! My time at LiTP is limited to around one hour, I intend to spend 50% of that time hearing about your restoration journey and seeing the fruits of your labour. I can see me going through this in 20-30 years or so, when I’m retired and need a project. 

Roll on July 15th...

Kurt I'm having to overcome so many barriers every bloody day to bring this in on time it's untrue. I hope I'll be there mate I really do. :(

It's had a number of paint issues that are being sorted as we speak but it'll be filthy when I get it back Friday. Need to dress the rear clam and give it a full clean Saturday and fit the interior. Then Sunday I need help from somewhere to fit the roof and rear clam. 

Geo check, hopefully some paint protection early next week with MOT & Tax Thursday/Friday. 

Feels a long way off, I've got so much on at work and home it feels like a mountain to climb if I'm honest. 

Jonny don't sweat it.  Bring it on a trailer.  You can put paint protection on and have the geo done later.  

There are lots and lots of people that just have a lot of love for this car and it's restoration. They aren't bothered about seeing the finishing line, they are engaged in the journey.

Trust me.  Just bring it, you'll see  😊

What a day. Full of optimism last night about the exige coming back from paint with brand new tyres ready for the final stretch and I get a call from my mate across the road at 4am. He's called the police, someone is robbing my wheels. 

20180706_035005

20180706_040122

He got away without the wheels but with all the nuts including locking. Finding 20 replacements was a PITA. I had to visit 3 different dealers first thing and still couldn't find locking nuts. Still haven't as I write this but it's getting sorted in the next few days.

So gave my wife her car back to go to work and I got a cab in myself. Clam's dressed albeit just the wing to add. The blending and touching up have been done to an excellent standard. Few things still to do, bonnet and splitter weren't available so they need a little extra work still. Chrome Orange is a bitch! 

20180706_103615

20180706_132444

It was a little filthy so gave it a good clean with the air hose, vac and lots of polish inside and out. Seats and harnesses are in now though, wow honestly it's better then I imagined. I've been looking forward to getting them in for ages. 

20180706_163106

20180706_163046

Finally this evening bonnet and roof, voila! 

20180706_163036

20180706_173010

20180706_193907

Rear clam on Sunday. Hopefully. I'm off to bed, tired man! 

Archived