Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S1 Restoration (images changed).

jonnyfox

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol really :-) naughty boy.

I had a good chat (over quite a few months) with Track Group before we commenced the build. An increase in BHP was never on the cards, it was purely a strip down and reliable rebuild with everything checked then double checked. I considered an Emerald, I think I posted about it but I soon went off the idea. Apart from the parts listed there has been a little porting, minor really just a tidy. Same crank, I think it needs the authenticity and yes same cams for that reason. Another priority was in making it look like new. They've gone the extra mile, it looks incredible. I've made a few purchases via DeRoure on engine bits and bobs I would never have thought still existed. EP made a few new fuel rail fixings which we jumped on and Dan has helped out with the fuel and oil cooler (braided) hose. Actually he called just today to say he'd fit on site once the engine was in (top man). I bought a new oil cooler off the Lotus Motorsport auction site rather than use the recon with the blue hose I'd previously fitted, will update that later. Really can't wait till it's dressed. Next step is to get it run in on the dyno. The engine like the rest of the car is a restomod, it's a trendy word right now but it's the truth.

The one area I'm not completely sure about is the witches hat air filter. Clive did a mod over on exiges I may look into. I also need a new hose to the airbox, it's in a bit of a sorry state.

Jonny,

I use the witches hat filters, I used to run two (one on the entry to the hose and one at the front of the air box), but now just have one fitted. I have not had any problems. The size of the hose and filters means there is no flow choking even at full rpm. Once fitted you can't see them.

• 3 months later...
  • jonnyfox changed the title to Exige S1 Renovation (images changed).

Archived