litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S1 Restoration (images changed).

jonnyfox

Actually I've just bought Marc's......(off Exiges)

EDIT: SOLD VVC DUE TO KEEPING AND REBUILDING THE VHPD AS YOU'LL SEE LATER IN THE THREAD.

low mileage vvc trophy engine

freshly built B4BP gearbox with torsen diff installed

jenvey direct to head throttle bodies

auto teknix air box with trumpets

vvc blanking kit

vernier pullys

multi layer head gasket with uprated ladder

340r exhaust manifold ceramic coated by camcoat

oil cooler and take off plate complete with pipes

piper 285h cams with uprated valve springs

emerald M3D ECU

complete s1 Elise engine wiring harness ready to plug and play

ap racing clutch

elise parts ultra light flywheel

elise parts engine mount kit

remote thermostat kit

elise parts baffled sump

autobytel clutch slave cylinder strengthening bracket

2 spare good vvc heads and a spare complete trophy bottom end

I figure I'll get the original gearbox and engine refurbed and stored with its 50k miles on. But so far the front end is about to go back together. It's been treated to a suspension refresh, new 36mm 2 way Ohlins 325/450. New Proalloy rad, fog lights, tow eye, oil cooler, AC removed (it kind of fell apart). Heater reducted, battery and washer bottle relocated courtesy of George (as well as a new undertray and diffuser) Horn refurbed. Front brakes, hoses, brake and clutch master cylinders, steering rack refresh and a proper damn good clean. Next will be a ProAlloy fuel tank before cleaning up the back end and swapping the engine. I can't make this years Chastworth but hopefully next.... aiming for just an interior retrim and paint early next year.

I did mean to discuss this with a few of the regulars after the AGM but I totally forgot it was on after working away. Of course not knowing anything about a K series, I'm just hoping I've bought the right sort of replacement to make Martin and Alex proud ;-) not forgetting MarkH of course. If I get stuck I'll likely be calling for help.....Dan!

With post lots of pictures soon.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds promising Jonny!

If I could spend my money again I would have gone duratec.

Or stayed standard as I've had 12months of agro from my modded K.

Jon, you were discussed at the last meeting. We wondered what you were up to    :)     Get the head ported and slap it all in. Limit the revs to 7.2K or so. It may go bang otherwise. Good luck and i look forward to a good nosey.

It's impotant to me to keep it a K Alex, I don't want an engine transplant ruining its value. What is appealing is the low milage build, parts used, the gearbox, spares and I know the previous owner. I wanted to get something in that was reminiscent of the original while keeping the original tucked up safe and sound. Fairly sure the head has been ported, the two spares are currently with Dave Andrews I believe. I can do all number of things with the ECU now I guess so limiting the revs is no problem, I'll take your advice Martin.

Busy year, rebuilding the business and putting more time into the family and my young football team. Had an operation yesterday but it's all going in the right direction :-)

Thanks fella's

Ignore me Jonny just hate mine currently.

The plans sound good, cannot fault you got going vvc base lump over a vhpd as vhpd lumps are stupid money.

Ignore me Jonny just hate mine currently.

The plans sound good, cannot fault you got going vvc base lump over a vhpd as vhpd lumps are stupid money.

The only difference being the MS2 head and forged pistons. Which are expensive and like hens teeth or rocking horse poo. However the only reason to want one is origonality. A VVC head will do the same ported correctly.

Will do Kieran, next week hopefully :-)

Actually the heads are somewhere else, SW Motorsport Edinburgh....I think.

VVC .... VHPD .... It's all news to me at the moment, getting there though. Will need a sit down with you Martin as I've educated myself solely on the 2zz lol.

No doubt I will :-) Thx buddy.

http://kengine.dvapower.comwas actually the deciding factor in buying a VVC. I'm likely to change the Pistons but unlikely to wring stupid power out of it. Once this car is done I will be buying a dedicated track car.

V6 cupR only logical track only car.

• jonnyfox changed the title to Exige S1 Renovation (images changed).

Archived