litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S1 Restoration (images changed).

jonnyfox

Looking GREAT Jonny! You've certainly added to the car there, it's a peach! 

I saw your error with the splash guard, I'm thinking of deleting mine. Looking forward to seeing your car in the flesh, it looks a corker :-)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin you really are a star. I do all the work during the day though as I've just finished a load of projects so have time 9-5 (I'm a lucky boy). I've bought a lift and stand that's cool and I can make a sling out of straps so no worries.

Lol I will however ask you and Sheldon to help me install and put the bodywork on. Rear clam is a fricking nightmare! After I'll buy dinner and beer ;-)

A little more mobile today, took it easy and have completely rid the the front end of rust and corrosion....pictures later as shot blasting in progress and off for zinc coating next week...

A couple of things..... I have two spare switches in the the cabin AC & recirculation....what should I use them for?

Second thing should I POR the floor below, there is quite a lot of corrosion?IMG_20150127_121955_zps883lzrtx.jpg

Switch one nitrous, switch 2 fan override for traffic?

Nitro! On a K lol. Definitely fan override.

Don't be such a kill joy Jonny. I've seen a VHPD with Nitrous on!

Great work BTW. How many hours so far do you think?

God no :-)

Difficult to say, I suppose not including travel and messing just plain working away on the car or parts maybe....40ish hours so far.

I met the gentleman who had nitroed a K VHPD. All was going well till he turned it up too much at Santa Pod. It led to HGF unsuprisingly    smile.png   He was on MLOC and i met him on a run IIRC. He repaired it and carried on.

Took care of a little snag list this morning, washer moved on top wish bones (after looking through old pics, not sure how I missed it) and new top damper spacers (to replace the cleaned up old ones in previous images).

Engine almost out Martin just the harness to unplug (not 100% sure about the right now), strap up, undo engine mounts & hoist away! 

Lol did that, there's a pesky little wire behind the alternator though I nearly forgot. It's just hanging on the hoist ready for a twist tomorrow first thing when I get in. Then subframe off, rubber gloves on followed by hours and hours of cleaning! Actually I should probably drop out the fuel tank at some point.

• jonnyfox changed the title to Exige S1 Renovation (images changed).

Archived